[Comp-neuro] M2/PhD pisition in Optical analysis of sodium currents in the axon initial segment

luiza filipis luizafilipu at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 16:06:25 CEST 2020

Stage « Master 2 » : Optical analysis of sodium currents in the axon
initial segment

We propose a Master 2 (M2) stage that can be extended to a 3-4 years PhD
project on the study of the sodium currents that generate the action
potential in neurons. To this aim, we use cutting-edge optical techniques
entirely developed by our group and NEURON modeling. The stage will take
place at the Laboratoire Interdisciplinaire de Physique in the campus of
the University of Grenoble.
This stage, of 4-6 months, is available for students at the final year of
the University to start in February or March 2021.We will offer this
opportunity to a brilliant student motivated to begin a career in
scientific research.
A PhD scholarship is already available starting in October 2021 to apply
the research
of the M2 project to investigate mutations of the sodium channel Nav1.2
associated with
neurological diseases.
For an overview of the activity and of the achievements of our group, visit
the website:
http://marco-canepari.wix.com/neuron-imaging-team

Applications of students, with a very high academic profile based on the
notes obtained the entire university history, from different backgrounds
(physics, biology, medicine or chemistry) will be equally considered. The
application for the stage, in English or French, must be sent to:
marco.canepari at univ-grenoble-alpes.fr
and must include:
• A motivation letter
• A CV with contact details
• The detailed marks of the entire academic history
• (Optional) a reference letter from an academic who knows well the student

The deadline for the application is October 10th 2020, but the call for
applications will close before if a suitable candidate is found.

--
Luiza Filipis,PhD
Equipe MOTIV
luiza.filipis at univ-grenoble-alpes.fr