[Comp-neuro] Master + PhD offer: A computational model of the retino-thalamo-cortical pathway

Bruno Cessac bruno.cessac at inria.fr
Mon Nov 9 07:54:48 CET 2020

The new French Agence Nationale de la Recherche (ANR) project "ShootingStar" aims at studying the unexplored neuroscience and psychophysics of the visual perception of fast (over 100 deg/s) motion, and incorporating these results into models of the early visual system. This project involves the Integrative Neuroscience and Cognition Center (Paris), the Institut des Neurosciences de la Timone (Marseille), the vision Institute (Paris), NeuroPsi (Paris) and the INRIA Biovision team (Sophia-Antipolis). In this context B. Cessac (Biovision) and A. Destexhe (NeuroPsi) aim at developing a retino-thalamico-cortical mean-field model of the primary visual system. We have a funding for a PhD, that can be preceded by a 6 month Master 2 internship. We are seeking talented, curious and open-minded young scientists with strong backgrounds in physics or computer science, strong interests in neuroscience, and solid skills in programming (C++ and Python).

The application deadline is 30th December 2020. For more detail please visit:

[ https://team.inria.fr/biovision/files/2020/10/2020-internship-M2-shootingstar.pdf | https://team.inria.fr/biovision/files/2020/10/2020-internship-M2-shootingstar.pdf ]

Bruno Cessac
Directeur de Recherche Inria-Senior scientist
Head of BIOVISION team
2004 Route des Lucioles
06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex 2

Email: bruno.cessac at inria.fr