[Comp-neuro] Information theory workshop at CNS*2020 -- call for contributed talks
joseph.lizier at sydney.edu.au
Tue Jun 30 16:01:14 CEST 2020
We are pleased to announce that the Workshop on Methods of Information Theory in Computational Neuroscience<http://lizier.me/joseph/conferences/202007-CNS2020-ITW/> will be held once again at the CNS*2020<https://www.cnsorg.org/cns-2020> conference, online.
The workshop will be held during 3 sessions over two days of the main conference, July 21 (15:00-18:30 CET) and July 22 (09:00-12:30, 15:00-18:30 CET).
Our confirmed speakers so far include the following (schedule available soon):
* Oliver Cliff, The University of Sydney -- "Exact Inference of Linear Dependence Between Multiple Autocorrelated Time Series"
* Abdullah Makkeh, University of Goettingen -- "A differentiable measure of pointwise shared information"
* Thomas Parr, University College London -- "Inferring what to do"
* Daniel Polani, University of Hertfordshire -- TBA
* Maryam Shanechi, University of Southern California -- TBA
* Naotsugu Tsuchiya, Monash University -- "Structure of information to understand the physical basis of consciousness"
* ... more TBA!
Also, we would like to call for contributions of talks. If you are interested in contributing a talk, please send a title and abstract to Joseph Lizier (joseph.lizier at sydney.edu.au<mailto:joseph.lizier at sydney.edu.au>) at your earliest convenience (earlier submissions will be prioritised)
Please see our website https://bit.ly/cns2020itw for more details.
We hope you will join us there!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Comp-neuro