[Comp-neuro] Young post-doc position at IMSE, Spain

bernabe bernabe at imse-cnm.csic.es
Wed Jun 3 10:45:18 CEST 2020

The "Instituto de Microelectrónica de Sevilla" (IMSE) in Spain has an
opening for a 3-year young post-doc position to join the Neuromorphic
Group at IMSE (www.imse-cnm.csic.es/neuromorphs), financed by the
Andalusian Regional Government. Gross annual salary is 30k€, which
allows for a wealthy life in Sevilla.

Requirements:

- Official PhD graduation date must be after May 27th 2015, although
earlier dates are possible in case of leaves due to pregnancies, child
birth, adoption, major accident or disease.

- One special requirement is that candidates must present an official
certificate from the Public Employment Service of their country showing
they are either unemployed or demanding a better position.

- Deadline for candidacy submission is June 17th, although prospective
candidates should contact us at bernabe at imse-cnm.csic much earlier to
prepare the proposal.

The IMSE Neuromorphic Group develops research in Silicon chips and FPGAs
for neuromorphic hardware with stronger focus on vision applications. We
have developed several DVS (Dynamic Vision Sensor) cameras as well as
cortical processing systems and spiking based learning techniques. In
the last years we have strongly engaged into exploiting memristors for
neuromorphic hardware and have designed full monolithic CMOS-memristive
neuromorphic systems. We welcome both, candidates with more hardware
profile (either analog or digital) as well as with more computing
profile. The successful candidate can participate in any of the active
research projects in the group, can also develop alternative research
lines within the neuromorphic field, participate in grant proposals, and
advice PhD and MSc students.

Please do redistribute. Deadline is very short. Thanks.