[Comp-neuro] Assistant Professor / Lecturer position with Machine Learning focus

Peter Andras p.andras at keele.ac.uk
Tue Jun 2 19:39:19 CEST 2020

Lecturer in Data Science (Education & Research)

(equivalent of tenure-track Assistant Professor)

with Machine Learning focus

Keele University - School of Computing and Mathematics

Location:

Keele

Salary:

£42,783 to £52,560 Grade 8

Hours:

Full Time

Contract Type:

Permanent

Placed On:

18th May 2020

Closes:

17th June 2020

Job Ref:

KU00001483

<https://people.keele.ac.uk/tlive_webrecruitment/wrd/run/ETREC107GF.open?VAC
ANCY_ID%3d864042LDgx%1BUSESSION=&WVID=0493472Nsk&LANG=USA>

<https://people.keele.ac.uk/tlive_webrecruitment/wrd/run/ETREC107GF.open?VAC
ANCY_ID%3d864042LDgx%1BUSESSION=&WVID=0493472Nsk&LANG=USA>

Faculty of Natural Sciences

School of Computing and Mathematics

Salary: Grade 8, £42,783 - £52,560

Keele University is renowned for its exciting approach to higher education,
innovative research, beautiful campus, strong community spirit and excellent
student experience. With a turnover in excess of £170 million, over 10,000
students and a total staff of approximately 2000, the University provides
high quality teaching across a wide range of academic and vocational
subjects and promotes world-class research. Further information can be found
at  <http://www.keele.ac.uk/> http://www.keele.ac.uk.

This post represents an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to
join a team of excellent academics in Keele University’s Faculty of Natural
Sciences. The Faculty is responsible for research and teaching in many areas
of computer science, mathematics, and the physical and biological sciences.

Applications are welcome from enthusiastic individuals committed to high
quality teaching and research in any relevant field of Computer Science but
in particular areas that complement data science such as data analytics,
artificial intelligence, machine learning, visualisation, and statistics,
and who have interests that complement our existing research strengths while
broadening the scope of our teaching expertise.

The lectureship post is part of continued growth and expansion of Computer
Science at Keele, which presents many new opportunities for the development
of synergies in both teaching and research. The successful candidate will be
expected to lead the delivery of a new MSc programme in Artificial
Intelligence and Data Science (
<https://www.officeforstudents.org.uk/news-blog-and-events/press-and-media/f
unding-boost-for-new-courses-in-artificial-intelligence-and-data-science/>
funded by the Office for Students) and develop an active research programme
that both complements and extends our existing research profile in Computer
Science. Candidates are also expected to develop research collaborations
with colleagues at Keele and elsewhere in strategic research areas of the
University, such as smart energy, big data, global health or social
inclusion. Details of the research carried out in Computer Science at Keele
can be found
<https://www.keele.ac.uk/scm/research/computerscienceresearch/>
https://www.keele.ac.uk/scm/research/computerscienceresearch/.

The successful candidate will have a PhD in an appropriate area of Computer
Science (or be very close to completion of his/her PhD) and will have a
strong commitment to delivering high quality undergraduate and postgraduate
teaching, including supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate research
projects and the development and delivery of new modules and programmes. The
post-holder will have the skills, enthusiasm and flexibility for teaching
across a wide range of computer science topics and will also contribute to
recruitment activities and administrative duties within our Computer Science
programmes.

Informal enquires can be made to Professor Peter Andras on 01782 733412 or
<mailto:p.andras at keele.ac.uk> p.andras at keele.ac.uk.

The University is committed to operating flexible working practices wherever
possible.

Keele University values equality and diversity across our workforce and to
ensuring our staff community is reflective of the diversity of our student
population. In support of these commitments the University welcomes
applications from individuals of Black, Asian and ethnic minority
backgrounds for all roles.

Keele University is committed to the principles of the Athena SWAN charter,
and values equality and diversity across our workforce. We strive to ensure
that our workforce is representative of broader society, and therefore, we
would actively welcome applications from women for this role.

For full post details please visit:  <http://www.keele.ac.uk/vacancies>
www.keele.ac.uk/vacancies

Keele University employees wishing to apply should login to Employee Self
Service and click on the 'View current vacancies' link.

Closing date for applications: 17th June 2020

Post reference: KU00001483