[Comp-neuro] Assistant Professor / Lecturer position

Peter Andras p.andras at keele.ac.uk
Tue Jun 2 19:29:19 CEST 2020

Lecturer in Data Science (Education & Research) (equivalent of tenure-track
Assistant Professor)

Keele University - Faculty of Natural Sciences - School of Computing and
Mathematics

Location:

Keele

Salary:

£42,793 to £51,034

Hours:

Full Time

Contract Type:

Permanent

Placed On:

20th May 2020

Closes:

17th June 2020

Job Ref:

KU00001484

<https://people.keele.ac.uk/tlive_webrecruitment/wrd/run/ETREC107GF.open?VAC
ANCY_ID%3d445276LDkO%1BUSESSION=&WVID=0493472Nsk&LANG=USA>

<https://people.keele.ac.uk/tlive_webrecruitment/wrd/run/ETREC107GF.open?VAC
ANCY_ID%3d445276LDkO%1BUSESSION=&WVID=0493472Nsk&LANG=USA>

Salary: Grade 8, £42,793 - £51,034

Keele University is renowned for its exciting approach to higher education,
innovative research, beautiful campus, strong community spirit and excellent
student experience. With a turnover in excess of £170 million, over 10,000
students and a total staff of approximately 2000, the University provides
high quality teaching across a wide range of academic and vocational
subjects and promotes world-class research. Further information can be found
at  <http://www.keele.ac.uk/> http://www.keele.ac.uk.

This post represents an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to
join a team of excellent academics in Keele University’s Faculty of Natural
Sciences. The Faculty is responsible for research and teaching in many areas
of computer science, mathematics, and the physical and biological sciences.

Applications are welcome from enthusiastic individuals committed to high
quality research and teaching in any relevant field of Mathematical or
Statistical Data Science (e.g. statistics, mathematical artificial
intelligence, mathematical machine learning, statistical data science,
computational data science – but not restricted to these particular fields,
although the preference is a field in Pure Mathematics), and who have
interests that complement our existing research strengths while broadening
the scope of our research and teaching expertise.

The lectureship post is part of continued growth and expansion of Data
Science and Mathematics at Keele, which presents many new opportunities for
the development of synergies in both teaching and research. The successful
candidate will be expected to develop an active research programme that both
complements and extends our existing profile in Data Science, Mathematics
and Statistics. Candidates are also expected to develop research
collaborations with colleagues at Keele and elsewhere in strategic research
areas of the University, such as smart energy, big data, global health or
social inclusion. Information about the Mathematics and Statistics research
context or Computer Science research context at Keele can be found at:

 <https://www.keele.ac.uk/scm/research/mathematicsresearch/>
https://www.keele.ac.uk/scm/research/mathematicsresearch/

 <https://www.keele.ac.uk/scm/research/computerscienceresearch/>
https://www.keele.ac.uk/scm/research/computerscienceresearch/

The successful candidate will have a PhD in an appropriate area of
Mathematical, Statistical or Computer Science (or be very close to
completion of their PhD) and will have a strong commitment to delivering
high quality undergraduate and postgraduate research and teaching, including
supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate research projects and the
development and delivery of new modules. The post-holder will have the
skills, enthusiasm and flexibility for teaching across a wide range of Data
Science, Mathematics and Statistics topics and will also contribute to
recruitment activities and administrative duties within our Data Science
programmes.

Informal enquires can be made to Professor Peter Andras on 01782 733412 or
<mailto:p.andras at keele.ac.uk> p.andras at keele.ac.uk

Keele University is committed to the principles of the Athena SWAN charter,
and values equality and diversity across our workforce. We strive to ensure
that our workforce is representative of broader society, and therefore, we
would actively welcome applications from women for this role.

The University is committed to operating flexible working practices wherever
possible.

Keele University values equality and diversity across our workforce and to
ensuring our staff community is reflective of the diversity of our student
population. In support of these commitments the University welcomes
applications from individuals of Black, Asian and ethnic minority
backgrounds for all roles.

For full post details and to find out more about working at Keele please
visit:  <http://www.keele.ac.uk/vacancies> www.keele.ac.uk/vacancies

Keele University employees wishing to apply should login to Employee Self
Service and click on the 'View current vacancies' link.

Closing date for applications: 17th June 2020