[Comp-neuro] Two PhD positions in computational modeling of brain areas and neurorobotics
jesusgarrido at ugr.es
Mon Jun 1 22:01:25 CEST 2020
The *Applied Computational Neuroscience (ACN) research group* (
https://acn.ugr.es), headed by Prof. Eduardo Ros at the University of
Granada (UGR) is looking for talented Master or PhD students interested in
working in the field of computational neuroscience and neurorobotics,
specifically addressing questions of motor learning and adaptation.
The perfect candidate shall possess a strong mathematical, computational or
robotic engineering background (or equivalent), with great interest in
biological and neural
systems. Demonstrated programming skills are mandatory.
- Applicants should have a strong quantitative background (physics,
engineering, computer science, applied mathematics), and a keen interest in
reverse-engineering the brain.
- Demonstrated programming skills (Matlab, C/C++, Python) are required.
- Knowledge on computational neuroscience software (BRIAN, NEURON,
NEST,…etc ) are a plus although not mandatory.
- Robotics control middleware (ROS) is highly valuable.
- Robotics (ROS) and programming languages (Matlab, C/C++, Python) are
- Proficiency in oral and written English is required.
- Knowledge of Spanish is not mandatory.
Successful candidates are expected to work in an interdisciplinary
environment with collaborations within EU projects.
*Full Description of the Job Offer* can be found at:
*How to apply*
Candidates should send a single pdf file containing a motivation letter, a
full CV, and names and contact information of at least two referees, to
Niceto Luque (nluque at ugr.es) and Jesús Garrido (jesusgarrido at ugr.es). Short
listed candidates will be contacted for an interview (either face-to-face
or via videoconference).
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Comp-neuro