[Comp-neuro] Postdoctoral position in the Neuromodulation and Neuroprosthetics team, led by Dr. Fabien Wagner, at the Institute of Neurodegenerative Diseases, University of Bordeaux, France

Fabien Wagner fabien.wagner at u-bordeaux.fr
Mon Jun 1 15:53:08 CEST 2020

Our team develops new neuromodulation paradigms and neuroprosthetic systems for repairing or replacing circuit-level functions that get disrupted after neurological disorders or injury. Our research combines techniques from Neuroscience and Neuroengineering , in particular in vivo electrophysiology, signal processing, machine learning and control engineering. We are specifically interested in expanding neuroprosthetic systems from motor to cognitive disorders. In particular, we aim at developing a large-scale brain network neuroprosthesis to restore memory after brain injury or neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease.

To strengthen our team, we are looking to hire a motivated postdoctoral researcher, who will be expected to work on multielectrode recordings and electrical stimulation of large-scale memory networks in non-human primates performing cognitive tasks. The ideal candidate should have expertise in non-human primate electrophysiology, neurostimulation, memory disorders, brain-machine interfaces, or neuroprosthetics. This highly interdisciplinary project requires both experimental and analytical skills, and will be conducted in collaboration with other team members. The position is currently funded for a duration of 3 years. Interested applicants should send their CV to the principal investigator at : [ mailto:fabien.wagner at u-bordeaux.fr | fabien.wagner at u-bordeaux.fr ] .

---
Fabien Wagner, Ph.D.
Team leader: Neuromodulation and Neuroprosthetics
Institut des Maladies Neurodégénératives - CNRS UMR 5293
Université de Bordeaux
Centre Broca Nouvelle-Aquitaine - 3ème étage
146 rue Léo Saignat - CS 61292 - Case 28
33076 Bordeaux cedex
[ http://www.imn-bordeaux.org/en/teams/neuromodulation-and-neuroprosthetics/ | www.imn-bordeaux.org/en/teams/neuromodulation-and-neuroprosthetics/ ]
[ http://www.bordeaux-neurocampus.fr/en/staff/fabien-wagner/ | www.bordeaux-neurocampus.fr/en/staff/fabien-wagner/ ]