[Comp-neuro] Open Position Computational Neuroscientist / Algorithm Engineer (100%) at MaxWell Biosystems
david.jaeckel at mxwbio.com
david.jaeckel at mxwbio.com
Mon Jul 27 10:57:25 CEST 2020
I would like to announce the following open position at MaxWell Biosystems AG in Zürich, Switzerland:
Computational Neuroscientist / Algorithm Engineer (100%)
Our technology, which consists of a custom designed integrated circuit, an FPGA-based data acquisition platform and our software suite MaxLab Live, generates vast amounts of data while electrically imaging neuronal tissue. Such data needs to be processed, analyzed and visualized online during operation. At the same time, our customers in drug discovery and neuroscience want to focus on their pharmaceutical and scientific questions, which requires to abstract and hide most of the technical complexity, while still providing sufficient flexibility to adapt the application to specific needs. We are constantly innovating and improving algorithms to extract novel and more accurate multiparametric electrophysiology metrics, which enable faster and more reliable drug discovery. To strengthen our R&D team and to drive and implement this challenging task, we are now seeking for a highly motivated computational neuroscientist.
* Develop and support our performance critical data acquisition and analysis software platform
* Contribute to our Python toolboxes for data analysis and visualization
* Develop and validate analysis methods to extract multiparametric electrophysiology metrics
* Understand customer needs and continuously improve user experience
* PhD in computational neuroscience or related (awarded after December 31st, 2016)
* Proven strong scientific achievements in the form of first-author peer-reviewed publications in computational neuroscience or related
* Strong experience in Python and competency working in a Linux/Unix environment
* Proficiency in other languages, e.g., R, MATLAB, C++ is a plus
* Knowledge of neuron physiology and electrophysiology
* Proficiency in multiparametric pharmacological assays is a plus
* Experience in microelectrode array (MEA) technology data analysis is a plus
* Skilled in analysis of large-scale dataset
* Enjoy solving complex problems and working in a team
* Excellent English language skills
* The applicant must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity for more than a total of 12 months over the last three years in Switzerland
Are you motivated, innovative and committed to delivering first-rate performance? Have you ever wanted to work with cutting-edge technology involving both engineering and biology? Do you enjoy working in an international, multidisciplinary, and interactive team? Then we might have a position for you. Join MaxWell Biosystems in innovating the future of electrophysiology for drug discovery and basic research.
Michele Fiscella looks forward to receiving your application documents (cover letter, resume, letter of recommendation and degrees including transcripts) by email at <mailto:hr at mxwbio.com> hr at mxwbio.com.
David Jäckel Ph.D. | Senior Product Manager
MaxWell Biosystems AG | Albisriederstrasse 253 | CH-8047 Zurich | Switzerland
main: +41 44 244 24 24 | direct: +41 44 244 24 16 | <https://mxwbio-ch.3cx.net/join/davidjaeckel> click2meet
e: <mailto:%20david.jaeckel at mxwbio.com> david.jaeckel at mxwbio.com | w: <http://www.mxwbio.com/> www.mxwbio.com
| at <https://www.isscr.org/meetings-events/annual-meetings/isscr-annual-meeting-2020/about> ISSCR, Boston, USA, Jun 24 – 27
| at <http://www.isscr.org/meetings-events/international-symposia/shanghai-2020-symposium> ISSCR Symp., Shanghai, China, Sep 11 – 13
| at <https://www.safetypharmacology.org/AM2020/index.asp> SPS 2020, Montreal, Canada, Sep 14 – 16
Follow us on <https://twitter.com/mxwbio> Twitter and <https://www.linkedin.com/company/maxwell-biosystems> LinkedIn
The information contained in this email and any attached files is legally privileged and confidential intended only for the use of the addressee. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and promptly delete this email and any attachments. Thank you.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Comp-neuro