[Comp-neuro] Postdoctoral position at Karolinska Institute

Konstantina Kilteni tina.kilteni at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 17:21:46 CET 2020

We are excited to announce an opening postdoctoral position at our lab in
Karolinska Institute, to work on touch and tickle perception
during voluntary movements!

The main research focus of our lab (
https://ki.se/en/neuro/kilteni-laboratory) concerns how we
distinguish self-generated from externally generated sensations. To address
this question, we combine psychophysics, neuroimaging (fMRI, EEG) and
neurostimulation (TMS) techniques.

*What we offer:*

   - Access to research-dedicated 3T MR scanner, TMS and EEG.
   - Access to multiple robotic setups to study force, touch and tickle
   perception, as well as to EMG and motion tracking devices.
   - A dynamic, interdisciplinary, and international research environment,
   full of expertise and curiosity.

*Requirements:*

   - A PhD in neuroscience, cognitive science, psychology, biomedical
   engineering, computer science or a related discipline.
   - Experience in any of the project’s techniques (psychophysics, fMRI,
   TMS, EEG).
   - Keen interest in experimental approaches to study touch perception.
   - Motivation to work independently as well as in a team environment.

Candidates will contribute to all steps of the research from literature
review to implementation of study design, data collection, data analysis
and preparation of manuscripts.

The position is available for 1 year with the possibility for continuation
for 1 more year, starting in May 2020 (with some flexibility on the
starting date).

An application should include a CV, a list of publications, a summary of
current work and references. For further information, please follow the
link:  https://ki.varbi.com/what:job/jobID:320274/

Deadline of applications: *March 19th.*

We are very curious and very excited about our research. *Join us!*
Konstantina Kilteni | Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Neuroscience | Karolinska Institutet
Solnavägen 9 | 17165 Stockholm | Sweden
http://orcid.org/0000-0002-6887-6434