[Comp-neuro] [Call for Participation] First Latin American Summer School on Cognitive Robotics

Nicolás Navarro-Guerrero nicolas.navarro.guerrero at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 14:46:31 CET 2020

https://www.lacoro.org

We are excited to announce our first Latin American Summer School on
Cognitive Robotics (LACORO), which aims at making cutting-edge knowledge
on Artificial Intelligence for Robotics Applications accessible to
everyone, especially in the Southern Hemisphere.

Our aims are:

- to build a sustainable community of students and researchers in the
area of Artificial Intelligence for Robotics, particularly Cognitive
Inspired Aspects of AI.

- to make cutting-edge scientific topics accessible to everyone.

- to overcome the complexity of a multi-cultural and interdisciplinary
learning context.

**Applications period is now open**

Format: We will organize the Summer School in Latin America biennially.
LACORO will include cutting-edge lectures and tutorials on Artificial
Intelligence and Robotics but also aspects of Human Cognition. Moreover,
we will host a hackathon where attendees can acquire hands-on experience
on some of the topics of the Summer School.

Date and Location: September 3rd to September 5th, 2020 at the
Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María, Valparaíso, Chile.

Applications: Please visit our website, where you can find more
information regarding costs, travel, lodging, along with an application
form. Pre-registration is required because there will be a limited
number of participants.

If you have any questions about the school or the application process,
please contact the organizing committee: lacoro at innovacionyrobotica.com

Best regards from the organizing committee,

--
Nicolás Navarro-Guerrero
Assistant Professor

E-mail: nng at eng.au.dk