[Comp-neuro] Simula Summer School in Computational Physiology - Apply now!

Kimberly McCabe kimberly at simula.no
Thu Feb 6 16:30:26 CET 2020

Simula Summer School in Computational Physiology: *Models, Tools, and
Techniques for Excitable Tissues*

*Simula Research Laboratory, Oslo, Norway, June 15-26 University of
California San Diego, La Jolla, CA, USA, August 10-18*

Travel grants are available through Simula.

In conjunction with the University of California San Diego, Simula Research
Laboratory is pleased to announce the 7th edition of our annual Summer
School in Computational Physiology. This school focuses on multiscale
modelling of electrophysiology and mechanics of the heart, and related
material in computational neurophysiology and pharmacology.

We are currently seeking master's and early doctoral students to participate,
and will accept applications until *February 21st 2020*. The initial series
of lectures will be hosted by Simula Research Laboratory in Oslo, Norway
(June 15th-26th), followed by project work, a workshop in scientific
writing from *Nature Masterclasses*, and final student presentations hosted
by the University of California San Diego from August 10th-18th. The travel
and accommodation expenses for successful applicants will be supported by
grants from Simula designed to cover these costs. Details regarding
scheduling, logistics, core scientific material, and the application
process can be found through our online call for participation:
www.simula.no/sscp

Contacts:

·      Scientific content: Kimberly McCabe (kimberly at simula.no)

·      General inquiries: sscp at simula.no