[Comp-neuro] Postdoc/PhD position: Biologically inspired DNN for neuronal and behavioral analyses.

Luczak, Artur luczak at uleth.ca
Fri Nov 22 17:50:50 CET 2019

Dear All,

Our lab seeks highly motivated individuals with strong computational
backgrounds to work at the interface of neuroscience and machine
learning. We are especially interested in application of deep neural
networks to improve our understanding of neuronal data, and application
of recent neuroscience findings to improve performance of deep neural
networks. In our lab we also record activity of hundreds of neurons in
normal and epileptic animals, and successful candidate is welcome to
participate in those projects. Preferred candidate should have strong
background in modeling neurons and networks, and should be very familiar
with models of synaptic plasticity (e.g. BCM). Our lab at the Canadian
Centre for Behavioural Neuroscience in Lethbridge is located in the
sunniest area of Canada and next to scenic Rocky Mountains. For more
information please contact: Artur Luczak (Luczak at uleth.ca)

Relevant papers from our lab:
Ryait et al. PLoS Biology 2019:
https://journals.plos.org/plosbiology/article?id=10.1371/journal.pbio.3000516