[Comp-neuro] The Virtual Brain - Node #8 Workshop [Marseille, May 20-21]
jan.fousek at univ-amu.fr
Mon Mar 25 01:24:35 CET 2019
Get up to speed about the fundamental principles of full brain network
modeling using the open-source neuroinformatics platform The Virtual
Brain (TVB) at our 2-day workshop held in Marseille on May 20-21, 2019
TVB NODE#8 takes place ahead of NeuroFrance2019; be sure to register for both!
TVB enables biologically realistic modeling of network dynamics using
Connectome-based approaches across different brain scales. Generate
macroscopic neuroimaging signals including fMRI, intracranial and
stereotactic EEG, surface EEG and MEG for single subjects.
Personalized brain network models can be derived from an individual’s
Researchers from different backgrounds can benefit from an integrative
software platform including a supporting framework for data management
(generation, organization, storage, integration and sharing) and a
simulation core written in Python. Applications to use cases in the
healthy and diseased brain are explicitly presented.
Workshop program overview:
* Theoretical background of large scale brain network modeling
* Architecture of The Virtual Brain
* Interacting with TVB using GUI and Python CLI
* Preprocessing neuroimaging data, or how to obtain a TVB dataset
* Clinical applications of The Virtual Brain: modeling epilepsy
* Modeling brain dynamics in brain tumor patients
* Fitting the brain model parameters to the functional data
* Modeling resting state networks
* Modeling brain stimulation and mouse brains
* Modifying TVB code and implementing new features
* Optional: bring your own data
Aix-Marseille Université - Faculté de Médecine Campus La Timone
27 Boulevard Jean Moulin
REGISTER HERE: https://tvb-node8.eventbrite.ca
The workshop is organized with interleaved oral presentation and
hands-on sessions. Attendants will have the time to ask questions. The
hands-on sessions will let you immediately apply the concepts from the
lectures to your simulations in TVB.
*Bring your own device.*
Refreshments will be available during the breaks and lunch will be provided.
*WORKSHOP HAS LIMITED ATTENDANCE*
*Registration will be closed on April 29th.*
Please contact Jan Fousek (jan.fousek at univ-amu.fr) if you have any questions.
INS - Institut de Neurosciences des Systèmes
UMR INSERM 1106, Aix-Marseille Université
27 Bd Jean Moulin
More information about the Comp-neuro