[Comp-neuro] Open position: HPC-Coordinator at the Campus Institute Dynamics of Biological Networks
von Behren, Christina
christina.vonbehren at ds.mpg.de
Mon Mar 11 10:07:09 CET 2019
We would like to draw your attention to the job vacancy below:
GWDG is looking for a
for the inter-faculty Campus Institute "Dynamics of Biological Networks". The position with a regular weekly working time of 39 hours should be filled as soon as possible. Remuneration is based on the collective agreement for the civil service (Bund); depending on the qualification, a classification up to the pay grade TVöD E 14 is possible. The position is initially limited to two years. By mutual agreement, it may become open-ended after this time.
The Gesellschaft für wissenschaftliche Datenverarbeitung mbH Göttingen (GWDG) is a joint facility of the University of Göttingen Foundation under Public Law and the Max Planck Society. It functions as the data and IT competence center for the Max Planck Society and the University of Göttingen. Its scientific research tasks lie in the field of applied computer science. Additionally, it promotes the training of professionals in information technology.
Numerous internationally recognized research institutions of the Göttingen Campus form a leading center in the field of neuroscience in Europe. In addition to the University of Göttingen and the University Medical Center Göttingen, these include three Max Planck Institutes, the European Neuroscience Institute Göttingen (ENI-G), the German Primate Center (DPZ) and the Bernstein Center for Computational Neuroscience (BCCN) Göttingen. The Campus Institute "Dynamics of Biological Networks" (CIDBN) is a newly founded, transdisciplinary institute. It is jointly funded by the University of Göttingen, the University Medical Center Göttingen and the Max Planck Institute for Dynamics and Self-Organization. Its mission is to advance research at the frontiers of mathematics, physics and biological sciences, and to develop mathematical and computational concepts for the analysis of biological networks.
* Planning, application, procurement, installation, configuration and administration of HPC clusters and matching storage solutions (file and database servers)
* Development of hardware and software concepts for HPC clusters for scientific high-performance computing in the life sciences
* Optimization of the hardware and software components used
* Monitoring and error analysis on HPC systems and file and database servers
* Implementation of the infrastructure requirements imposed by the HPC clusters and storage servers
* Participation in HPC projects of the Campus Institute:
o Independent development or adaptation and maintenance of scientific software in the HPC area (parallelization, performance analysis and tuning)
o Development, installation, configuration and administration of the connection of experiments to the HPC and storage solutions in collaboration with the scientists of the involved research groups
* Participation in campus-wide HPC topics
* Completed mathematical and scientific higher education (ideally with doctorate)
* Experience with the administration of HPC clusters or other Linux server farms or with the efficient use of HPC systems
* Good analytical reasoning
* Independent, structured and systematic way of working
* Strong team and communication skills
* Very good knowledge of German and English (in spoken and written form)
Experience or results in one or more of the following areas:
* Publication of HPC-relevant research
* Acquisition and management of third-party funds
* Development or optimization of high-scaling HPC applications
* Experience with GPU programming (OpenCL or Cuda)
* Conduct of interdisciplinary life science research projects
The GWDG strives for gender equality and diversity and therefore welcomes applications from every background. The GWDG strives to employ more severely disabled people. Applications of severely disabled persons are expressly desired.
Have we piqued your interest? Then please send your application until March 20th, 2019 via our online form at https://s-lotus.gwdg.de/gwdgdb/age/20190221.nsf/bewerbung
If you have any questions about the vacancy, please do not hesitate to contact the HPC team (E-Mail: hpc-team at gwdg.de<mailto:hpc-team at gwdg.de>) or Dr. Ing. Christian Boehme (Tel .: +49 (0)551 201-1839, E-Mail: christian.boehme at gwdg.de).
For further information and the original vacancy notice, please visit: www.gwdg.de<http://www.gwdg.de>
Max Planck Institute for Dynamics and Self-Organization
Bernstein Centre for Computational Neuroscience
Max-Planck-Institute for Experimental Medicine
Email: christina.vonbehren at ds.mpg.de<mailto:christina.vonbehren at ds.mpg.de>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Comp-neuro