[Comp-neuro] The Neuron School - Basic Computational Neuroscience in Alghero - ITALY

Sergio Solinas smgsolinas at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 13:52:46 CET 2019

**Apologies for cross-posting**

[All details about this school can be found online at The NEURON School
Initiative <http://neuronschool.org/>]

The Department of Biomedical Sciences at the University of Sassari is
excited to announce *the second edition* of *The NEURON School* on
Computational Neuroscience.

This *one-week* school will introduce to the use of the simulation
environment NEURON and related software to build brain models starting from
experimental data up to their applications.

   - The school will provide basic notions on experimental methods to
   extract and process morphological and electrophysiological data targeting
   their use to build computational models of single neurons and neuronal
   networks.
   - We will explore the best practices to build sound computational models
   of ion channels and synaptic receptors.
   - The school will cover how these models can be constructed based on the
   principles of biological tissue growth in simulations.

We welcome applications from all interested full graduate, Ph.D. students,
and PostDocs in a variety of fields from biology, neurobiology, and
psychology, to physics, engineering, and mathematics, and industry
professionals with relevant background.

Applicants are expected to have a good background in their discipline,
interest in neuroscience, and some knowledge (even basic) of computer
programming.

*Format*: Morning tutorials will be complemented with Afternoon coding
sessions and Evening discussions promoted by Senior Scientists.

*Date and Location:* April 29th to May 3rd, 2019 at the Porto Conte
Research Center <http://www.portocontericerche.it/en> within the Science
and Technology Park of Sardinia and at the Hotel Catalunya
<http://www.hotelcatalunya.it/en/>, Alghero - Sardinia (ITALY).

Application Deadline: 14th April 2019

Applications: Please visit *http://neuronschool.org/
<http://neuronschool.org/>*, where you can find more information regarding
costs, travel, and lodging.

If you have any questions about the school or the application process,
please contact enrico at uniss.it

We look forward to your registration and to welcome you in Alghero!