[Comp-neuro] Two related articles on Efficient Coding in the Brain

Jeff Krichmar jkrichma at uci.edu
Fri Jun 28 12:20:00 CEST 2019

Dear Colleagues,

I don’t usually like to post papers to these lists. But, I thought it was more than just a coincidence that two papers from our group on how the brain efficiently represents information came out today.  Hope you enjoy.  Feedback is most welcome.

"Neural correlates of sparse coding and dimensionality reduction”
M Beyeler, EL Rounds, KD Carlson, N Dutt, and JL Krichmar
PLoS Computational Biology
https://journals.plos.org/ploscompbiol/article?id=10.1371/journal.pcbi.1006908

"Making BREAD: Biomimetic Strategies for Artificial Intelligence Now and in the Future”
JL Krichmar, W Severa, MS Khan, JL Olds
Frontiers in Neuroscience - Neuromorphic Engineering Section
https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fnins.2019.00666/full

Best regards,

Jeff Krichmar
Department of Cognitive Sciences
2328 Social & Behavioral Sciences Gateway
University of California, Irvine
Irvine, CA 92697-5100
jkrichma at uci.edu
http://www.socsci.uci.edu/~jkrichma