[Comp-neuro] NIH-BRAIN funded computational neuroscientist postdoc position @ Dierssen's lab Barcelona
Linus Manubens Gil
linus.manubens at crg.eu
Mon Jul 22 16:34:43 CEST 2019
A computational neuroscientist researcher position is available in the lab of Mara Dierssen<https://www.crg.eu/en/programmes-groups/dierssen-lab> at the CRG.
The Cellular and Systems Neurobiology lab at the Center for Genomic Regulation, a leading renowned center for biomedical research in Europe offers a full-time contract for a research assistant. We seek a physicist, computational biologist, computational engineer or mathematician to collaborate on (1) the imaging and analysis of whole mouse brains using light-sheet fluorescence microscopy, (2) the development of a computational framework for studying the relation between multiscale 3D neuromorphological properties and neuronal network connectivity with applications in the study of Down syndrome and (3) the analysis of stereo-EEG recordings applied to the study of seizure generation in intractable epilepsy. The projects are led by the team leader of the Cellular and Systems Neurobiology group Dr Mara Dierssen and the candidate will tightly collaborate with the team of Dr Bing Ye (UMichigan).
If interested, please apply at: https://recruitment.crg.eu/content/jobs/position/computational-biologist-researcher-1
Find detailed information on the position in the link and below.
Linus Manubens-Gil, PhD
Lab 522.04 - Cellular & Systems Neurobiology
Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG)
c/Dr. Aiguader 88
About the team/ lab/ department
The Dierssen lab is centered on understanding cognition and behavior and their perturbation in intellectual disability. We are an interdisciplinary team of physicists, bioinformaticians and experimental biologists, and we focus on data collection (behavior, 3D imaging, genomic data) of many variables of the system (longitudinal behavioral analysis, mesoscopic analysis of neuronal networks, gene expression patterns). We take advantage of computer modeling and bioinformatics analysis (gene networks, neuronal network modeling, etc.) to tackling classical unresolved questions in the field, such as: (a) pathological disturbances of structural optimality in single cell and neuronal networks, (b) genomic dependence of cognitive disturbances, (c) identification of predictive non-invasive biomarkers, (d) discovery of pro-cognitive therapies.
Whom would we like to hire?
· Experience in computer programming (MATLAB/Python/R/C++) is required
· Experience in brain clearing experimental protocols is highly desirable
Desirable but not required/ Nice to have
· Experience in Light-Sheet Fluorescence Microscopy imaging and terabyte-sized dataset handling is desirable
· Experience in designing and developing computational methods for three-dimensional modelling is recommended
· Experience with and/or the ability to quickly acquire skills in electrophysiological recordings and analysis (e.g. EEG/EMG) is desirable
Education and training
· PhD in physics, computational neuroscience/biology, mathematics, computational engineering or related fields
· Fluent level of English
· A formal training and strong background in programming and modeling
· Good script programming skills (MATLAB, Python, R, C++, shell scripting)
· Laboratory animal care training (in accordance with RD 53/2013, category B) will be highly valued
· Highly developed organization skills
· Contract duration: 3 years
· Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
· Target start date: September 15, 2019
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
1. A motivation letter addressed to Dr Mara Dierssen.
2. A complete CV including contact details.
3. Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Mara Dierssen and be submitted online on the CRG Career site - http://www.crg.eu/en/content/careers/job-opportunities
Deadline: Please submit your application by 15/08/2019
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Comp-neuro