[Comp-neuro] Postdoc position in Computational Cognitive Neuroscience - TU Dresden - Correction

Lorenz Goenner lorenz.goenner at cs.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed Jul 17 14:57:52 CEST 2019

(Apologies for re-posting because of a broken web link)

Dear colleagues,

the Systems Neuroscience Lab (Prof. Michael Smolka) at TU Dresden
invites applications for a
Postdoctoral Fellow in Computational Neuroscience
The position is initially limited until June 30 th, 2023, and is subject
to TV-L remuneration (E13 scale, 100%).

Within the Technische Universität Dresden, the Section of Systems
Neuroscience is closely associated with the Departments of Psychiatry
and Psychology and the Neuroimaging Center, which offers excellent
research collaborations (e.g. Computational Cognitive Neuroscience Lab,
Prof. Stefan Kiebel) and infrastructure (3 Tesla MRI scanner for
full-time research, MRI-compatible EEG and eye tracking, as well as TMS
and TDCS). Our international and multidisciplinary group conducts
cognitive neuroscience research at the cutting edge and the translation
to clinical applications. In order to better understand human action
control we investigate cognitive processes such as value-based
decision-making and learning.
On the clinical side we study how these neuro-cognitive mechanisms
contribute to the complex behavioral dysfunctions observed in mental
disorders.
Our lab is engaged in two Collaborative Research Centers (CRC). The CRC
940 ‘Volition and Cognitive Control: Mechanisms, Modulators, and
Dysfunctions’, and the newly established TRR 265 ‘Losing and Regaining
Control over Drug Intake: From Trajectories to Mechanisms to
Interventions’. These centers combine research in cognitive and
computational neuroscience with research in clinical psychology and
psychiatry.
The position is an ideal opportunity to work in an interdisciplinary
group of researchers, and contribute to a wide range of projects
investigating computational and neuronal underpinning of human behavior

Your tasks:
• Computational modelling of behavioural data from decision-making tasks
• Improving existing and developing new methods (e.g.,
reinforcement/temporal difference learning,
Markov models, Bayesian and active inference models) with support by an
experienced modelling
group
• Preparing manuscripts and presenting results at conferences
• Instructing and supervising PhD students

Your profile:
• University degree (master or diploma) with a strong quantitative
background (e.g., computational
neuroscience, physics, mathematics, computer science, statistics)
• Doctoral degree and documented interest in Computational Neuroscience,
Cognitive Neuroscience,
Psychology
• Expertise in computational modelling of behavioural data
• Programming skills in common software environments (e.g., Python, MATLAB)
• Keen interest in collaboration with experimental researchers to study
complex human behaviour
• Expertise in neuroimaging data analysis would be advantageous

We offer you:
• Being part of the CRCs and their scientific activities
• Working in a highly interdisciplinary team with leading cognitive and
computational neuroscientists

We look forward to receiving your complete application (one PDF-document
including a cover letter with a brief summary of research interests,
full CV, and two references) until July 29th, 2019.
To apply and for informal inquiries, please contact: Prof. Michael
Smolka (michael.smolka at tu-dresden.de).