[Comp-neuro] NeuroFedora: A ready to use Free/Open source software platform for neuroscience

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 17:46:01 CET 2019

Hello everyone,

We would like to announce the NeuroFedora initiative[1] that we have
recently begun working on. Our goal is to provide a ready to use,
Free/Open source environment for researchers to use, to enable Free/Open
Neuroscience[2].

NeuroFedora is based on the Fedora Linux distribution[3] that is part of
the RedHat/Scientific Linux/CentOS eco-system. It is still in the early
stages, but we already have a few of the commonly used computational
neuroscience simulators available for use:

- NEST
- Genesis
- Moose
- Brian2

Neuron, PyNN, and a host of other tools are currently being worked upon
for inclusion also. More information can be found in the
documentation[1].

We welcome feedback, comments, ideas, and discussion to improve
NeuroFedora. It is purely a volunteer driven community project, so we
welcome contributions in all forms. You can get in touch with us using
the communication channels listed here[4].

[1] https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/neurofedora/overview/
[2] http://opensourceforneuroscience.org/
[3] https://getfedora.org/
[4] https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/neurofedora/overview/#_communicating_and_getting_help

--
Thank you,
Regards,

On behalf of the NeuroFedora team,

Ankur Sinha
PhD candidate in computational neuroscience at UH Biocomputation
Volunteer at the Free/Open source Fedora project

https://ankursinha.in
https://biocomputation.herts.ac.uk
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ankursinha

Time zone: Europe/London