[Comp-neuro] [comp-neuro] PhD position(s) in Deep Learning for VR avatars in sport training and motor rehabilitation

Dr Cristian Axenie cristian.axenie at audi-konfuzius-institut-ingolstadt.de
Tue Feb 12 10:48:13 CET 2019

Dear colleagues,

We are now accepting applications for passionate students willing to
pursue an interdisciplinary PhD within the newly established AUDI
Konfuzius-Institut Ingolstadt Lab, a joint technology and research
initiative supported by Audi, Technical University of Applied Sciences
Ingolstadt and the City of Ingolstadt, Germany.

https://audi-konfuzius-institut-ingolstadt.de/forschung/akii-microlab/microlab-home.html

Our focus is to explore the application of AI, ML, and especially Deep
Learning techniques, to leverage Virtual Reality avatar reconstruction
for applications ranging from performance sports training to motor
rehabilitation. If you have interest in cutting edge research at the
border of AI, Machine Learning, Computer Graphics and VR then let us
know. To get a feeling of the type of research we're conducting check
VIRTOOAIR:

https://audi-konfuzius-institut-ingolstadt.de/23132/neural-network-predictive-tracking-system-for-vr-systems.html

We seek highly motivated candidates with strong programming skills,
analytical skills and creativity. A degree in electrical engineering or
computer science (or equivalent) with focus on AI and ML is a must.
Knowledge and expertise in VR and computer graphics are a plus.

For applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to
cristian.axenie at audi-konfuzius-institut-ingolstadt.de

Thank you!

---

Dr. Cristian Axenie
 Head of AKII Microlab
 PI in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning

 +49 171 105 4217
 cristian.axenie at audi-konfuzius-institut-ingolstadt.de
 Esplanade 10, D-85049 Ingolstadt
 Germany