[Comp-neuro] Postdoc position at CNRS/Inserm
jbonaiuto at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 15:47:01 CET 2019
I'd like to announce the following postdoctoral position on the role of
oscillations in brain communication and motor behavior:
This position is available for a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher
in Lyon, France, at the Lyon Neuroscience Research Center (CRNL) and at the
Institute for Cognitives Sciences Marc Jeannerod (ISCMJ) under the
direction of Mathilde Bonnefond, Ph.D and James Bonaiuto, PhD. The position
is funded for 7 months and 2 years by two grants from the European Research
Council (n°716862 and n°864550 respectively).
The project is aimed at determining the role 1) of brain oscillations at
different frequencies in brain communication and 2) of beta bursts in motor
behavior. The candidate will use cutting edge techniques in both high
precision magnetoencephalography (MEG) and high resolution functional
magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI, 3.0 T Siemens scanner) with healthy human
volunteers. The post-doctoral fellow will:
• develop and optimize the analysis of laminar level source signals as well
as cortico-cortical functional connectivity applied to oscillatory
• analyze data from an fMRI experiment aiming at optimizing the analysis of
MEG data for each participant.
• analyze the relationship between three-dimensional movement kinematics
and beta burst activity
• synthesize results, write reports and scientific articles.
The postdoctoral fellow will work together with a research assistant whose
involvement in MEG/fMRI recording will be limited.
Enthusiastic and self-motivated candidates are encouraged to apply. The
successful candidate will benefit from structured mentoring support and
opportunities for travel and presentation at national meetings. The CRNL
and ISCMJ are multidisciplinary research institutes offering a vibrant
working atmosphere in an international environment with multiple
opportunities for seminars, workshops and methodological clubs.
*Expected starting date*: Mid-February 2018 the earliest, but applications
will be considered until the position is filled.
*Job Requirements: *
* [Mandatory] Ph.D. in Cognitive Neuroscience, Engineering or related field
* [Mandatory] Autonomy in programming in MATLAB or Python
* [Mandatory] Experience in using imaging analysis software (MNE, SPM,
Fieldtrip, FSL, BrainVisa ...)
* Knowledge of brain oscillations and signal processing
* Experience with computer vision and analysis of movement kinematics is a
* Fluency and solid writing skills in English are expected. French is
absolutely not a requirement.
*How to Apply: *
Please send your application to BraindynMobeta at gmail.com with the following
-CV including a brief (1/2 page) summary of previous research
-Short letter of motivation describing research interests
-Name of two colleagues who could provide a recommendation
Please indicate "Post-doc application Braindyn Mobeta" as the subject of
Institut des Sciences Cognitives Marc Jeannerod
67 Bd Pinel <https://maps.google.com/?q=67+Bd+Pinel&entry=gmail&source=g>,
69675, Bron Cedex, France
james.bonaiuto at isc.cnrs.fr
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Comp-neuro