[Comp-neuro] Workshop announcement: The HBP CodeJam #9 Workshop
andrew.davison at unic.cnrs-gif.fr
Thu Sep 27 09:13:38 CEST 2018
The HBP CodeJam #9 Workshop - Early-bird registration ends 30. Sept.!
Grand Hotel Et Des Palmes, Palermo, Italy.
Nov. 26, 2018 at 09:00 – Nov. 28, 2018 at 18:00
The goal of the CodeJam workshops is to catalyze open-source, collaborative software development in computational and systems neuroscience and neuroinformatics, by bringing together researchers, students and engineers to share ideas, present their work, and write code together.
The general format of the workshops is to dedicate the mornings to invited and contributed talks, leaving the afternoons free for discussions, tutorials and code sprints.
The theme of this 9th installment is "co-design": scientists, students and engineers from different disciplines collaborating to build research infrastructure for computation-based neuroscience, and to use this infrastructure to model brain circuits, behaviour and learning, develop novel bio-inspired computing systems, and help discover new drugs for neurological disorders.
Topics of CodeJam#9:
• Large-scale brain modelling: towards a mouse whole brain model
• Cortical and subcortical microcircuit models: circuit and model workflows, simulation and analysing tools, computing resources and user interaction
• Infrastructure and open data: Beyond traditional HPC, electrophysiology data formats and analysis
• Visio-motor integration and hierarchical navigation planning: Integration with HBP Infrastructure (Neurorobotics platform)
• Biological deep learning: Plasticity implementation on neuromorphic systems
• Modelling for drug discovery and medicine
Topics might change slightly, we are still finalizing the programme.
Confirmed speakers (not yet complete):
• Matteo Cantarelli
• Oliver Schmid
• Markus Diesmann
• Stine Vennemo
• Håkon Mørk
• Armandi Romani
• Genrich Ivaska
• Shailesh Appukuttan
• Bernd Schuller
• Michael Denker
• Alper Yegenoglu
• Lorenzo Vannucci
More information and registration details at https://neuralensemble.org/meetings/CodeJam9/
Registration fee: Early-bird registration ends on 30 September 2018
Luca L. Bologna (CNR), Andrew Davison (CNRS), Anna Kreshuk (U. Heidelberg), Eric Müller (U. Heidelberg), Jeff Muller (EPFL), Bernd Schuller (FZ Jülich)
Luca L. Bologna (CNR), Alessia Bonafede (CNR), Martina Schmalholz (U. Heidelberg)
More information about the Comp-neuro