[Comp-neuro] Post-doc at FIAS - Computational Modeling of Epilepsy: Conducting Interviews at the Bernstein Conference 2018

Peter Jedlicka jedlicka at em.uni-frankfurt.de
Fri Sep 14 22:54:10 CEST 2018

Dear Comp-Neuro community,

I would like to inform you that a post-doc position will be available
in 2019 in the context of Frankfurt's new Center for Personalized
Translational Epilepsy Research (CePTER). The project focuses on
better understanding circuit changes and neuroimmune interactions
during the development of epilepsy and is jointly lead by Prof. Jochen
Triesch and me.

I am attending the Bernstein Conference in Berlin (September 27-28).
If you are interested, contact me by email and attach your CV so that
we can meet for an in-person interview.

Best,

Peter Jedlicka

P.S. If you are not attending the Bernstein conference, you can send
your applications (single pdf file including CV, list of publications,
statement of research interests and names and email addresses of three
references) to jedlicka at em.uni-frankfurt.de and
triesch at fias.uni-frankfurt.de. The position will be based at the
Frankfurt Institute for Advanced Studies
(https://fias.uni-frankfurt.de/en/).

Frankfurt has a vibrant Neuroscience community and the successful
candidates will work closely together with experimental labs. An ideal
candidate will have obtained a PhD/Master Degree in Computational
Neuroscience or closely related field and have a strong interest in
applying their knowledge to problems of medical relevance. Prior
experience with modeling spiking neural networks or compartmental
modeling is highly desirable. Experience in modeling epilepsy, neural
plasticity and neuro-immune interactions is a plus.

--
Peter Jedlicka, MD, PhD
Professorship for Computer-Based Modelling

NeuroScience Center
Clinical Neuroanatomy (Anatomy I)
Goethe-University
Theodor-Stern-Kai 7