[Comp-neuro] DPG Focus Session "Collective dynamics in neural networks"

Johannes Zierenberg johannes.zierenberg at ds.mpg.de
Fri Oct 26 16:32:39 CEST 2018

Dear all,

It is our pleasure to invite you to the focus session "Collective
dynamics in neural networks" at the upcoming DPG (German Physical
Society) spring meeting:

31 March - 05 April 2019
Regensburg, Germany

The aim of the focus session is to provide a forum for discussions on
the emergence of a rich set of collective dynamics in neural networks
from a physicist perspective. We want to discuss principles that
determine collective dynamics as well as the transitions between them,
e.g., the role of local learning rules, topology and noise. The focus
session consists of two invited talks (Moritz Helias and Anna Levina),
selected contributed talks, and a poster session.

If you are interested, we encourage you to contribute by submitting an
abstract (http://regensburg19.dpg-tagungen.de/programm/abstract) until
01.12.2018 (Bereich: BP). In any case, we welcome you to attend the focus
session. Of course, you are more than welcome to share this announcement
with your colleagues.

Best wishes,
Johannes Zierenberg and Viola Priesemann

--
Dr. Johannes Zierenberg
Postdoctoral Researcher