[Comp-neuro] PhD Position in Computational Neuroscience of decision-making at UPF (Barcelona)

Alexandre Hyafil alexandre.hyafil at gmail.com
Sat May 12 12:35:27 CEST 2018

One fully funded PhD position is available under the supervision of Rubén
Moreno-Bote and Alexandre Hyafil in the group of Theoretical and Cognitive
Neuroscience. The group is part of the *Center for Brain and Cognition* at
the University Pompeu Fabra (UPF), Barcelona, Spain (
https://www.upf.edu/web/ruben-moreno-bote).

The candidate will study theoretical models of decision-making and design
and analysis human experiments to directly test these models. He/she could
also be involved in the design and analysis of animal behavioral and
multielectrode neural data.

Candidates should have *Physics*, *Mathematics* or *Machine Learning*
background, ideally with knowledge of *Neuroscience* or *Computational
Neuroscience*, and interested in theory and applications. We will also
consider candidates with *Psychology* background interested in
computational modeling.

The candidate will benefit from the stimulating environment of Barcelona
area in Theoretical and Systems Neuroscience. Our lab forms part of a
larger network of neuroscience labs in Barcelona (
http://www.barcelonaneuroscience.com).

Candidates, please send a full CV and an extract of grades for degree and
master studies to alexandre.hyafil at upf.edu and ruben.moreno at upf.edu
<alexandre.hyafil at upf.edu>. Deadline: until the position is filled.
Starting date: any time between October 2018 and January 2019.