[Comp-neuro] Postdoc position in brain modelling at QIMR Berghofer, Brisbane, Australia
James.Roberts at qimrberghofer.edu.au
Thu May 3 03:09:24 CEST 2018
The Brain Modelling Group, led by Dr James Roberts at QIMR Berghofer Medical
Research Institute, is seeking a postdoctoral research fellow. The role is a
key part of an NHMRC-funded project to model large-scale brain dynamics across
The successful candidate will develop novel models of large-scale brain
dynamics, and use these to model brain activity across the adult lifespan. This
will entail: (i) mathematical and computational modelling of brain dynamics at
the whole-brain level; (ii) constraining models against empirical neuroimaging
data, both structural and functional; and (iii) developing novel analysis tools
and implementing them for wide adoption. The role will also include
collaboration with Prof Michael Breakspear’s Systems Neuroscience Group.
The successful candidate will have:
- A PhD in physics, mathematics, computational neuroscience, computer science,
or a related field;
- A strong track record of high-quality peer-reviewed publications;
- Experience in mathematical modelling;
- Proficiency in programming (e.g. in MATLAB).
And ideally will also have experience in:
- Pre-processing and analysis of neuroimaging data, including diffusion imaging
and tractography, fMRI, MEG, and/or EEG;
- Modelling large-scale brain network dynamics;
- Time series analysis and signal processing; and
- Handling of large datasets.
The position is in Brisbane, Australia, full-time for 2.5 years (with
possibilities to extend). Salary range $78,530 - $84,257 p.a. plus up to 15.75%
superannuation and attractive salary packing options.
More details at: https://recruitment.qimr.edu.au/viewjob.aspx?jobid=1878
Position description: https://recruitment.qimr.edu.au/Public/docs/1878/12797%20Position%20Description.pdf
Closing date: 1 June 2018.
Brain Modelling Group
QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute
More information about the Comp-neuro