[Comp-neuro] Methods in Neuroscience at Dartmouth (MIND) 2018 Computational Summer School

Matthijs van der Meer mvdm at dartmouth.edu
Fri Mar 23 17:17:13 CET 2018

Methods in Neuroscience at Dartmouth (MIND) 2018 Computational Summer School

https://summer-mind.github.io/

July 30th - August 7th, 2018

Application Deadline: April 29th, 2018

We are delighted to welcome applications for the second annual Methods
in Neuroscience at Dartmouth (MIND) Computational Summer School. The
theme of this year’s summer school is Narratives and Natural Contexts.

There has been renewed interest in extending the study of neural and
psychological phenomena in highly controlled laboratory settings to more
naturalistic paradigms that more closely reflect the rich spatiotemporal
structure of the real world. Bridging this divide requires developing
new experiments and analytic methods. The goal of our summer school is
to provide a forum for gaining hands-on experience with some of the
latest computational tools that can help gain insight into understanding
how our brains process naturalistic stimuli and contexts. We will offer
a mix of expertise at a broad range of spatiotemporal scales and domains
(e.g. behavioral, cognitive, social; circuit, whole-brain, and social
networks; etc.). In addition, we will maintain our special focus on
training students to use and contribute to open-source tools, data
sharing, and other “best practices” for open science.

For more information, and/or to apply, please visit our website,
https://summer-mind.github.io/. Please note that this year’s application
deadline is April 29, 2018. You may also find information about last
year’s summer school (theme: multiscale network dynamics) along with all
course materials here, https://summer-mind.github.io/2017.html. We
anticipate a diverse and talented mix of graduate students, postdoctoral
researchers, and junior faculty will participate in the summer school,
and we hope to see you this summer in Hanover!

Kind regards,

Luke Chang, Jeremy Manning, and Matt van der Meer
Directors

Jim Haxby, Thalia Wheatley, and Dan Rockmore
Advisory Committee

This event is sponsored by the Center for Social Brain Sciences, Center
for Cognitive Neuroscience, Dartmouth Research Computing, and Neukom
Institute for Computational Sciences at Dartmouth.