[Comp-neuro] Call for Papers: Workshop on Understanding Developmental Disorders at ICDL-EPIROB 2018
anja at nict.go.jp
Thu Jul 12 02:01:23 CEST 2018
Workshop "Understanding Developmental Disorders:
>From Computational Models to Assistive Technologies"
Date: September 17, 2018 (full day)
Venue: Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan
We invite the submission of short papers (2-4 pages incl. references) to our workshop on "Understanding Developmental Disorders: From Computational Models to Assistive Technologies" which takes place in conjunction with the 8th Joint IEEE International Conference on Development and Learning and on Epigenetic Robotics (ICDL-EPIROB 2018) http://www.icdl-epirob.org
The aim of this workshop is to bring together researchers from robotics, developmental psychology and cognitive sciences for discussing computational and theoretical models of developmental disorders and of typical development, and sharing recent advances in robot therapy and assistive technology.
Invited speakers include:
- Tony Belpaeme (ID Labs, Ghent University, Belgium / CRNS, Plymouth University, UK)
- Thusha Rajendran (Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh)
- Shinichiro Kumagaya (Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology (RCAST), The University of Tokyo)
- Yasuyo Minagawa (Keio University, Tokyo)
We encourage submissions about ongoing work from various research fields with the goal of fostering interdisciplinary discussions. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Computational models of human cognition and development
- Theoretical models of human cognition and development
- Robot therapy and assistance for people with disorders
- Behavioral or neurocognitive studies on developmental disorders or typical development
- Predictive coding
- Tojisha-kenkyu (self-study of people with disorders)
- Autism spectrum disorder
Papers should be 2-4 pages incl. references, following the template of the main conference (pdf, IEE two-column format: http://icdl-epirob2018.ogata-lab.jp/submission/) and submitted via EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=udd18
All accepted papers will be presented during the poster session and in spotlight talks.
Submission deadline: August 13, 2018
Notification of acceptance: August 27, 2018
Workshop day: September 17, 2018 (full day)
We are looking forward to seeing you at the workshop!
For more information and updates please visit our workshop website:
Anja Philippsen and Yukie Nagai, National Institute of Information and
Communications Technology (NICT), Osaka, Japan
Anja Philippsen, M.Sc.
Researcher, Center for Information and Neural Networks (CiNet),
National Institute of Information and Communications Technology (NICT),
More information about the Comp-neuro