[Comp-neuro] Post-doc at FIAS - Computational Modeling of Epilepsy: Conducting Interviews at CNS*2018

Peter Jedlicka jedlicka at em.uni-frankfurt.de
Wed Jul 11 09:30:31 CEST 2018

Dear Comp-Neuro community,

I would like to inform you that a post-doc position will be available
in 2019 in the context of Frankfurt's new Center for Personalized
Translational Epilepsy Research (CePTER). The project focuses on
better understanding circuit changes and neuroimmune interactions
during the development of epilepsy and is jointly lead by Prof. Jochen
Triesch and me.

I am attending the CNS*2018 in Seattle (July 13-18). If you are
interested, contact me by email and attach your CV so that we can meet
for an in-person interview.

Best,

Peter Jedlicka

P.S. If you are not attending CNS, you can send your applications
(single pdf file including CV, list of publications, statement of
research interests and names and email addresses of three references)
to jedlicka at em.uni-frankfurt.de and triesch at fias.uni-frankfurt.de. The
position will be based at the Frankfurt Institute for Advanced Studies
(https://fias.uni-frankfurt.de/en/).

Frankfurt has a vibrant Neuroscience community and the successful
candidates will work closely together with experimental labs. An ideal
candidate will have obtained a PhD/Master Degree in Computational
Neuroscience or closely related field and have a strong interest in
applying their knowledge to problems of medical relevance. Prior
experience with modeling spiking neural networks or compartmental
modeling is highly desirable. Experience in modeling epilepsy, neural
plasticity and neuro-immune interactions is a plus.

--
Peter Jedlicka, MD, PhD
Professorship for Computer-Based Modelling

NeuroScience Center
Clinical Neuroanatomy (Anatomy I)
Goethe-University
Theodor-Stern-Kai 7