[Comp-neuro] Job Posting: Application Scientist at MaxWell Biosystems
urs.frey at bsse.ethz.ch
Sun Jan 21 14:49:17 CET 2018
MaxWell Biosystems is seeking a permanent, full-time e-phys and MEA expert as an Application Scientist.
MaxWell Biosystems is a spin-off company of ETH Zurich, Switzerland, commercializing high-resolution microelectrode array technology. Our platform helps customers in pharmaceutical industry, biotech and neuroscience to make their drug discovery and research more efficient. Place of work is Basel, Switzerland.
Send your cover letter and CV to hr at mxwbio.com<mailto:hr at mxwbio.com>
Be it in pharmaceutical industry, contract research organizations or academia, all our existing and prospective customers have a scientific background. To support them and to develop novel assays using microelectrode array (MEA) technology, we are seeking a highly motivated neuroscientist and MEA expert.
* Support our customers solve their research problems using our high-resolution MEAs
* Actively identify, approach and communicate with prospective customers
* Conduct demos and installations worldwide
* Represent MaxWell Biosystems at scientific conferences, trade shows and collaborative meetings worldwide
* Develop novel assays and applications using our high-resolution MEAs
* Produce scientific marketing material for our website, blogs, application notes, etc.
* Co-write scientific grant applications
* Consolidate the market requirements and provide input to product development
* Since we are a very young startup, we expect active participation in all sales and support related aspects
* Work in a multidisciplinary environment
* PhD degree in neuroscience, biology, neuroengineering or related fields
* Expert in electrophysiology and working experience with MEAs
* Good programming skills Matlab and Python
* Proven scientific track record in relevant fields
* Ability and willingness to travel regularly and worldwide
* Experience in spike sorting is a plus
* Knowledgeable in induced-pluripotent-stem-cell technology is a plus
* Fluent English language skills, other languages are a plus
Are you motivated, innovative and committed to delivering first-rate performance? Have you ever wanted to work with cutting-edge technology involving both engineering and biology? Do you enjoy working in an international, multidisciplinary, and interactive team? Then we might have a position for you. Join MaxWell Biosystems in innovating the future of electrophysiology for drug discovery and basic research.
We are looking forward to receiving your application documents (cover letter, resume, letter of recommendation and degrees including transcripts) by email at hr at mxwbio.com<mailto:hr at mxwbio.com>.
Dr. Urs Frey | MaxWell Biosystems AG | Mattenstrasse 26 | CH-4058 Basel | Switzerland | www.mxwbio.com<http://www.mxwbio.com>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Comp-neuro