[Comp-neuro] Postdoctoral Neuroimaging Fellowship
swarren at paloaltou.edu
Sun Feb 25 00:53:36 CET 2018
The Clinical Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience Program directed by
Stacie L. Warren, PhD, and Tilman Schulte, PhD, at Palo Alto University is
seeking a neuroimaging postdoctoral scholar. This is an exciting
opportunity to work on a range of cognitive and affective studies that
focus on executive function, emotion regulation, stress responsivity,
reward processing, and aging on neural circuitry. Populations of interest
include healthy adults, adults with or at risk for developing
psychopathology, and neurological disorders.
The postdoctoral fellow’s primary responsibility is to analyze neuroimaging
data (resting-state and task-based fMRI) and to develop and apply novel
data analysis techniques. Additionally, Drs. Warren and Schulte are
committed to fostering the postdoctoral scholar’s research independence
through first-authored manuscript writing and grant preparation.
The start date of the position is as soon as possible, but no later than
August 1, 2018.
JOB DESCRIPTION Essential Functions
- Analyzing neuroimaging data
- Developing and implementing statistical/mathematical modeling (e.g.,
machine learning algorithms) to characterize high-dimensional datasets
- Improving software/scripts that implement algorithms for data quality
control, preprocessing, analysis, and management
- Manuscript development
- PhD in psychology, neuroscience, cognitive science, computational
neuroscience, bioinformatics, or a related field by the time of appointment
- Strong background in quantitative analysis
- Proficiency with at least one neuroimaging analysis software package
(e.g., FSL, SPM, Freesurfer, AFNI, etc.)
- Proficiency in programming (e.g., Matlab, Python, C/C++, java) and/or
- Proficiency with Linux OS and file system
- Experience with any of the following: signal and image processing,
machine learning, statistical/mathematical modeling
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, organizational, and
spoken/written English communication skills are expected
- A two-year commitment is required
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits. *To
apply, send your CV (including 3 academic references), and a cover letter
stating your interests and qualifications to **swarren at paloaltou.edu*
<swarren at paloaltou.edu>*.* Review of applications will begin immediately.
Stacie L. Warren, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychology Ph.D. Program
Palo Alto University
1791 Arastradero Rd.
Palo Alto, CA 94304
email: swarren at paloaltou.edu <staciewarren3 at gmail.com>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Comp-neuro