[Comp-neuro] PhD Position in Computational Neuroscience, Ruben Moreno-Bote, Barcelona, Spain

Ruben Moreno Bote ruben.moreno at upf.edu
Thu Feb 22 17:05:16 CET 2018

PhD Position in
Computational Neuroscience, Ruben Moreno-Bote Lab
Center for Brain and Cognition, University Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain

1 fully funded PhD position is available in the group of Theoretical
and Cognitive Neuroscience of Ruben Moreno-Bote in the Center for
Brain and Cognition at the University Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain.

We are looking for excellent candidates with Physics, Mathematics or
Machine Learning background, ideally with knowledge of Neuroscience or
Computational Neuroscience, and interested in theory and applications.
We will also consider candidates with Psychology background with
strong mathematical skills and interested in modeling.

The candidate will develop state of the art mathematical techniques
and models to understand neuronal dynamics and coding and will have
access to multielectrode recording neural data. He/she could also be
involved in the design of monkey and human behavioral experiments and
the development of models of visual perception, decision making and
working memory. The candidate will benefit from the stimulating
environment of Barcelona area in Theoretical and Systems Neuroscience
and will have the opportunity of enjoying a lively city. Our lab

(https://www.upf.edu/web/ruben-moreno-bote)

forms part of a larger network of neuroscience labs in Barcelona

(http://www.barcelonaneuroscience.com).

Financial support is provided by the Howard Hughes Medical Institute
and the Spanish MINECO.

APPLICATION: A full CV in pdf format and an extract of grades for
degree and master studies should be sent to the following address:

ruben.moreno at upf.edu

DEADLINE: until the position is filled

STARTING DATE: any time between September 2018 and January 2019

--

Rubén Moreno Bote
Serra Húnter & ICREA Academia Professor