[Comp-neuro] PhD Opening - TEMPORAL NETWORKS: FROM NETWORK THEORY TO BRAIN SCIENCE AND NEUROLOGY
demian.battaglia at univ-amu.fr
Tue Feb 20 21:43:30 CET 2018
We are seeking for excellent and motivated candidates for a PhD project based at Aix-Marseille University (AMU, southern France) focusing on:
TEMPORAL NETWORKS: FROM NETWORK THEORY TO BRAIN SCIENCE AND NEUROLOGY
The student will be jointly directed by Alain Barrat (AMU, Center for Theoretical Physics) and Demian Battaglia (AMU, Institute for Systems Neuroscience). The project, with a strong interdisciplinary component, aims at developing new techniques for the extraction and analysis of time-dependent networks of functional connectivity, based on time-series of neural activity, and, in particular, of human intracranial recordings during resting state, task conditions and stimulation. Mean-field whole brain models may also be used to explore the link between Functional Connectivity Dynamics and the underlying collective thalamocortical dynamics.
Any application must be formally submitted on a devoted Web Portal:
DEADLINE: April 9th, 2018 at 23:59 (Paris Time)
The selection will occur through a TWO-STEPS EVALUATION, involving a first pre-selection (2 May 2018) and then a competitive oral examination of the retained applicants (31 May - 1 June 2018).
- You must be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of your research career (career breaks excluded)
- You must be at the time of recruitment, in possession/or finalizing the master degree or equivalent
- You must be available to engage in the programme at the starting date (October 1st, 2018)
- At the time of recruitment, not to have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in France for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the reference date (October 1st, 2018)
The fellowship of the successful PhD candidate will be co-funded by the prestigious Marie Skłodowska-Curie COFUND action within the H2020 Research and Innovation programme of the European Union. Within this programme, the PhD fellows will sign a three-year work contract with numerous advantages:
- PhD fellowships above that of a standard French PhD contract (approximately 1625€/month net)
- A 500€ travel allowance per year for the fellows to travel between Marseille and their place of origin.
- Approx 10’000 € financial support for international research training, conferences and research costs
- Tailored training and personalised mentoring within the excellence graduate schools of Aix-Marseille University (NEUROSCHOOL in Neuroscience and CENTURI in Physics of complex living systems)
Doctoral fellows will also benefit from support in the administrative procedures, reserved rooms in university housing, several activities to promote integration in the local student life and cultural activities, French language courses covered by the fellowship, etc.
For any inquiry feel free to contact us:
Demian Battaglia (demian.battaglia at univ-amu.fr)
Alain Barrat (alain.barrat at cpt.univ-mrs.fr)
More information about the Comp-neuro