[Comp-neuro] PhD position in Neuroscience at the Bio-Imaging Lab, University of Antwerp, Belgium
Georgios A. Keliris
keliris at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 13:59:37 CEST 2017
PhD position in Neuroscience at the Bio-Imaging Lab, University of Antwerp, Belgium
The Faculty of Pharmaceutical, Biomedical and Veterinary is seeking to fill a full-time (100%) vacancy (m/f) in the Department of Biomedical Sciences (Bio-Imaging Lab) under the supervision of Prof. Georgios A. Keliris
PhD position investigating the role of neuromodulation in learning and memory
The goal of the project is to understand the neural mechanisms modulating learning and memory in rats. A multimodal approach and combination of state-of-the-art methods (MRI-imaging, electrophysiology, optogenetics and pharmacogenetics) will be used to uncover both the global network as well as specific cellular mechanisms. This approach will also be employed in animal models of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s Disease.
· You prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of neuroscience / biomedical imaging.
· You publish scientific articles related to the research project of the assignment.
Profile and requirements
· You hold a master degree in neuroscience, biomedical sciences, or related fields.
· You can submit outstanding academic results.
· Students in the final year of their degree can also apply.
· Foreign candidates are encouraged to apply.
· Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy <https://www.uantwerp.be/en/about-uantwerp/mission-vision/three-core-tasks/research/>.
· You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
· You are fluent in English and have strong communication skills, both in writing and oral presentations
· You are a team player
· Strong background in one or more of: imaging, computational neuroscience, mathematics, programming (e.g. Matlab/Python/C/…) will be considered as a bonus
· a doctoral position for a period of one year, with the possibility of renewal for a further three-year period after positive evaluation;
· the start date is as soon as possible
· a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
· Applications should be submitted to Georgios.Keliris at uantwerpen.be <mailto:Georgios.Keliris at uantwerpen.be> and should include a copy of your CV and a cover letter.
· A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications.
· More information about the application and the position can be obtained from Prof. Georgios A. Keliris
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Comp-neuro