[Comp-neuro] Department of Scientific Computing

Gordon Erlebacher gordon.erlebach at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 14:23:20 CET 2017

Dear Colleagues,

Florida State State University’s Department of Scientific Computing (DSC;
https://sc.fsu.edu) is currently accepting applications for its
interdisciplinary Masters and PhD programs.  These programs provide
graduate students broad and deep knowledge of the fundamental techniques
used in computational modeling and data science, significant exposure to at
least one application domain, and the opportunity to conduct significant
original research in algorithms and/or applications relating to
computational and data science,including deep learning and neuroscience. A
brief overview of the MS and PhD programs can be found at
http://sc.fsu.edu/education .

To be considered for funding, the deadline for application for the Fall
2018 cohort is January 15, 2018. Application information can be found at
https://www.sc.fsu.edu/graduate/application.  Self-funded applicants
interested in our one-year MS program are considered throughout the Spring
Semester.

Please forward this message (and the attached brochure) along to any
students that you think might be interested in our graduate program.
Requests for more information and questions about the graduate programs or
about the Department of Scientific Computing should be addressed to the
Graduate Coordinator Dr. Sachin Shanbhag at sshanbhag at fsu.edu or to the
Chair Gordon Erlebacher (Chair) at gerlebacher at fsu.edu.

Thank you!

Regards,

Gordon /Erlebacher

Gordon Erlebacher

Chair, Department of Scientific Computing

Florida State University

https://sc.fsu.edu