[Comp-neuro] Research associate position in matlab programming

Tania Rinaldi Barkat tania.barkat at unibas.ch
Mon Aug 14 13:00:13 CEST 2017

Our lab, hosted by the Department of Biomedicine of Basel University, Switzerland, is currently seeking a research associate for a 6-month project. The role would be to write an analysis program in matlab for neuronal data from electrophysiological recordings, as well as analyze the data.

JOB DESCRIPTION
The first part of the project consists of writing an extension of a professional, user-friendly matlab program for the analysis of electrophysiological data based on an existing program we already have in the lab. The successful candidate will interact with experimentalists in our lab, understand their needs and produce a modular and user-friendly matlab program for extracellular neuronal recordings. The second part of the project consists of using this program to analyze data aimed at deepening our understanding of the brain.

Start date is as soon as possible. The period of employment is 6 months, with possibility of extension.

YOU ARE OUR NEW RESEARCH ASSOCIATE IF YOU:
- Have extensive programming experience in matlab
- Have previously worked with neuroscience data, ideally electrophysiological recordings
- Have the dual ability of analyzing researchers’ need and translating it into code
- Are a creative problem-solver
- Are a self-starter and an independent researcher

ABOUT THE LAB
www.brainsoundlab.com
The aim of our lab is to understand the role of specific neural circuits in making sense of sounds. We combine optogenetics, in vivo electrophysiology, voltage-sensitive dye imaging and behavioral assays to explore the functions of neuronal circuits in the mouse auditory cortex.

To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter briefly summarizing your research interests to Tania Barkat (tania.barkat at unibas.ch).

Tania Rinaldi Barkat
Assistant Professor in Neurophysiology

Basel University