[Comp-neuro] Two Postdoc Positions in Model-based fMRI and Machine Learning at KAIST (Sang Wan Lee)

Sang Wan Lee sangwan at kaist.ac.kr
Tue Sep 27 04:30:29 CEST 2016

*Postdoctoral positions in model-based fMRI and machine learning at KAIST*

Two postdoctoral positions, funded through Samsung future technology
foundation, are immediately available in the Laboratory for Brain and
Machine Intelligence, led by Sang Wan Lee, at KAIST
(http://aibrain.kaist.ac.kr/openings). The laboratory is affiliated with the
department of Bio and Brain Engineering, Brain and Cognitive Engineering
program, and KAIST Institute for Health Science and Technology (KIHST).

The positions are initially appointed for one year, and may be extended for
up to three years. We offer a competitive salary plus benefits. We also
provide opportunities for working with our collaborators (refer to our
website for more information).

The project, AI-human coevolution engine, aims to develop a framework that
boosts human learning and inference performance. It requires a combination
of model-based neuroimaging techniques and a design of various learning
algorithms. Research topics include model-based/model-free reinforcement
learning, inductive/deductive/transitive inference, and one-shot learning.
Details about the project is confidential, but the research proposal will be
outlined during an interview.

Qualifications (type1):
- PhD in cognitive neuroscience, computational neuroscience, or physics
- prior experience in (model-based) fMRI analysis is preferred.

Qualifications (type2):
- PhD in electrical engineering, computer science, or applied mathematics
- strong quantitative background with expertise in machine learning

The positions are open until filled. Interested please send a cover letter,
a CV and a list of two references to sangwan at kaist.ac.kr. Applications will
be reviewed on a rolling basis.

--
Sang Wan Lee, Ph. D

Assistant Professor

Laboratory for Brain and Machine Intelligence

Department of Bio and Brain Engineering, KAIST

291 Daehak-ro, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon 34141, Republic of Korea

+82-42-350-4334

sangwan at kaist.ac.kr <mailto:sangwan at kaist.ac.kr>

http://aibrain.kaist.ac.kr