[Comp-neuro] Software Engineer position in modeling at the Allen Institute for Brain Science
antona at alleninstitute.org
Fri Sep 23 02:34:11 CEST 2016
A new position is open at the Allen Institute for Brain Science:
2260-Modeling Analysis and Theory Software Engineer II
Please apply at the link above!
If you have any questions, please feel free to email antona at alleninstitute.org<mailto:antona at alleninstitute.org>.
The Modeling, Analysis and Theory group is seeking a Software Engineer to contribute to one of our most crucial efforts - development of software tools for building, simulating, and analyzing models of brain cells and circuits. This individual will design and implement integrated software to enable modeling of brain activity and computations at several levels of resolution - from biophysically detailed to abstract, machine-intelligence-type models. The Software Engineer will be embedded in our Modeling team and will work closely with team members to combine the existing research code with newly designed and developed modules, in order to produce a high-quality modeling software suite for public release and continuous support.
* Design, implement, and maintain software for model building, simulation, and analysis/visualization across several modeling approaches using best software engineering practices.
* In a team setting, actively participate in algorithm design and software planning and provide thoughtful solutions and alternatives.
* Transform complex and high level requirement specifications into software code.
* Present design solutions to peers, both within and outside of the Institute.
* Manage multiple tasks, set clear priorities, and accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
* BS, MS, or PhD in physical science, math, engineering or computer science discipline.
* Strong background in scientific computing; experience in developing scientific modeling software, especially in computational neuroscience, is preferred. Experience with parallel computing is a plus.
* At least 5 years of experience with python; familiarity with numpy/scipy.
* Familiarity with modern version control systems, such as git.
* Experience with Linux is essential; versatility in Windows and Mac platforms is desirable.
* Experience in developing, shipping and maintaining robust, data-intensive applications.
* Ability to meet aggressive timelines and deliverables in a collaborative environment.
* C/C++ experience.
* Graphics and/or data visualization experience.
* Some experience in working with relational databases.
* Familiarity with SQL.
* Experience with maintaining open-source projects.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Comp-neuro