[Comp-neuro] Ph.D. positions in computational neuroscience at ESI

Martin Vinck martinvinck at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 20:09:18 CEST 2016

The laboratory of Dr. Martin Vinck at the *Ernst Strüngmann Institute (ESI)
for Neuroscience in Cooperation with Max Planck Society *is seeking
candidates for Ph.D. positions.

Students will work on two classes of problems. First, we aim to solve
various methodological / neurostatistical problems for offline and on-line,
closed-loop analysis of multivariate neuroscience datasets. Second, we are
developing models of visual cortex in order to test specific hypotheses
about the relationship between cortical dynamics and computation. PhD
students will work together with experimental neuroscientists and apply
methods and models to experimental datasets from primate and rodent animal
models, including electrophysiological and calcium imaging data. We are
primarily looking for students with training in a quantitative discipline
(physics, engineering, computer science etc.).

Interested candidates are invited to send their application materials in
electronic form (PDF format) to martin.vinck at esi-frankfurt.de

Applications should contain a letter of intent, a detailed curriculum
vitae, lists of university courses completed with marks obtained, and the
names of at least two scientists who can give references. The advertisement
will be valid until positions are filled.

Dr. Martin Vinck

martin.vinck at esi-frankfurt.de

Research Group Leader

Ernst Struengmann Institute (ESI) for Neuroscience in Cooperation with Max
Planck Society

Deutschordenstr. 46, D-60528

Frankfurt am Main, Germany