[Comp-neuro] CNS*2016 Call for Workshop Proposals
T.Nowotny at sussex.ac.uk
Mon Jan 11 10:38:42 CET 2016
CNS 2016 Jeju, South Korea: Call for Workshops
We are requesting proposals for workshops from the international community of computational neuroscientists. Proposals from all levels of faculty as well as advanced postdoctoral fellows are welcome. This is a great opportunity to organize a small meeting with just a few of the headaches of actually organizing it.
Workshop proposal submission instructions for CNS 2016
The last two days (July 6-7) of the 25th annual CNS meeting will be devoted to workshops, in which computationally related neuroscience topics can be presented and discussed. Workshops can be anywhere between one half to two days in duration. Usually several speakers are invited to introduce a unifying theme, but ample time for discussion should also be planned.
Submit workshop proposals to: workshops at cnsorg.org<mailto:workshops at cnsorg.org>. The Past Meetings page<http://www.cnsorg.org/past-meetings> gives access to archives of workshops held at previous CNS meetings.
The proposal should be submitted as a Word or pdf file and MUST include the following sections:
1. Workshop Title
2. Organizers (list primary organizer first; include affiliations and emails)
3. Duration (half day, one or two days, there are 2 sessions per day)
4. Number of expected speakers
5. Brief Description (~150 words; if possible, say why this is significant or timely)
6. Speakers (mark expected or confirmed)
Also please note the following rules which were approved by the OCNS Board on July 15, 2013:
* Each individual can be the organizer or co-organizer of only one workshop.
* The number of confirmed speakers is one of the criteria for accepting the proposal.
* Overlapping proposals may be asked to be combined. If the organizers do not wish to combine the proposals, only one of the proposals may be accepted.
Workshops submitted before January 31, 2016 will be given priority in acceptance. Workshop proposals arriving after January 31, 2016 will be evaluated based on remaining space for additional workshops. No further workshop acceptances are anticipated after May 15, 2016.
We are looking forward to your submissions.
Workshop Organizer CNS*2016
Prof. Thomas Nowotny
CCNR, Sussex Neuroscience Phone: +44-1273-678593
Engineering and Informatics Fax: +44-1273-877873
University of Sussex
Falmer, Brighton BN1 9QJ http://sussex.ac.uk/informatics/tnowotny
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Comp-neuro