[Comp-neuro] Data Science Engineer
khamael at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 17:49:16 CET 2016
Mint Labs <http://www.mint-labs.com> is looking to fill a R&D position on
data science. Mint Labs is a multi-disciplinary science and engineering
start-up. The company's mission is to develop technologies to better
understand the human brain and the diseases that affect it. Our primary
focus is on neuroimaging methods, including MRI, that yield insights into
the living brain.
You thrive on the idea of using tools that aid the communication of
results such as Ipython notebooks? You are not satisfied with how
computational science is currently being done and have ideas on how to make
it more effective at curing diseases? You enjoy interacting with new groups
of people and are comfortable communicating with dozens to hundreds of
The challenge is to develop analysis systems for multidimensional medical
datasets that include imaging. Mint Labs is a SaaS platform that focus on
integrating diverse clinical, imaging, genomic, and other data to better
evaluate disease progression and response to interventions.
*Objectives of the position*
- Support the interaction with several external research partners and
clients to develop both bioinformatics analysis and visualizations on data
in collaboration with neurologists, statisticians and other
- Work with the newest technologies in data analysis and -omics data.
- Create web-accessible records that are reproducible and re-usable of
all your analysis.
- Work with our software team that develops the web platform to
communicate requirements and features for product development.
- Automate the execution of new analysis methods using scripting and
- Assist in the evaluation and implementation of data and imaging
- Develop practical methods for non-programmers to communicate
reproducible results by integrating new and existing tools into our platform
- Detect, model and normalize batch and experimental artifacts in
*Desired profile, Skills*
- You have experience working within a team of scientists, statisticians
and software engineers to compile and format large, high-dimensional data
sets for downstream analysis.
- You have software development experience, including strong programming
skills in a high-level language especially Python, R and/or matlab.
Experience with Linux shell scripting recommended.
- Ideally, you would be experienced with developing advanced ipython
notebooks or other interactive frameworks.
- Ideally, you are familiar with neuroimaging data types such as
anatomical data, diffusion or functional imaging.
- You have a graduate degree in a quantitative field such as
engineering, applied math, computer science, bioinformatics etc or are an
exceptional undergraduate with bioinformatics experience.
*A great R&D environment*
We're a growing, product-centric team located in Barcelona Spain.
We strive on solving hard problems with creative solutions, and have fun
during the process - after all we are in Barcelona. As an engineer on our
team, you'll tackle the challenges that arise as we build a large-scale
system for data processing and distribution. The scale at which our systems
must operate requires highly-performing algorithms and data structures.
Solving complex distributed systems and ensuring data security are
We're looking for independent thinkers with a deep understanding of the
problems we are solving who are not afraid to significantly influence how
this system is improved. We hire for people, not roles -- if you don't see
an interesting job description but believe that you can add value to Mint
Labs, we would love to hear from you.
In addition, the researcher/engineer will interact closely with top
researchers worldwide, using our platform.
team at mint-labs.com, paulo at mint-labs.com
Interested candidate should send CV and motivation letter
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Comp-neuro