[Comp-neuro] Postdoc position in systems neuroscience

Shuzo Sakata shuzo.sakata at strath.ac.uk
Tue Dec 6 15:42:39 CET 2016

Applications are invited for a postdoctoral research associate
position in the group of Dr Shuzo Sakata in Strathclyde Institute of
Pharmacy and Biomedical Science at University of Strathclyde, Glasgow,
UK. This position is funded by the Leverhulme Trust.

Mission of our research team is to understand state-dependent
information processing in the brain at the level of neural circuits.
This project particularly concerns the function of dream sleep. Taking
multidisciplinary approaches, we will investigate the function of
sub-second brain waves during REM sleep in rodents.

Candidates should have a PhD or EngD in the field of neuroscience or
related disciplines, including engineering and physics. Experience in
at least one of the following areas is desirable: behavioural
neuroscience, in vivo neurophysiology and computational neuroscience.
Experience with quantitative skills for neurophysiological data
analysis would be advantageous.

Applicants should send (1) a CV and (2) a summary of their specific
interests in our research programs to Dr. Shuzo Sakata, email:
shuzo.sakata at strath.ac.uk.

--
Shuzo Sakata, Ph.D.
Senior Lecturer in Circuit Neurophysiology

Strathclyde Institute of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences
University of Strathclyde
161 Cathedral Street, Glasgow G4 0RE, UK
tel: +44-(0)141-548-2156, fax: +44-(0)141-552-2562
email: shuzo.sakata at strath.ac.uk

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, number SC015263