[Comp-neuro] Staff Scientists and Postdoctoral Researchers in Neural Data Analysis and Computational Neurosceince at the Center for Bioelectronic Medicine
tzanos at northwell.edu
Wed Aug 31 23:19:07 CEST 2016
The Center for Bioelectronic Medicine at the Feinstein Institute for Medical Research in NY (http://www.feinsteininstitute.org/) is building a multidisciplinary team to revolutionize medicine by determining the nature of neural control over molecular, cellular and organ functions of the body, the parts of the brain that regulate those nerves, and the signals that the brain receives to monitor cell and organ function. Projects will focus on determining which nerve fibers exert control, the types of signals those fibers use, and how these signals can be manipulated to treat diseases and conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, paralysis, Crohn's disease, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, diabetes, cancer and others.
We are currently recruiting for Staff Scientists and Postdoctoral Researchers in the field of neural data analysis and computational neuroscience. The successful candidates will work in the Center for Bioelectronic Medicine, directed by Chad Bouton, in the Neural Decoding and Data Analytics Lab, led by Dr. Theo Zanos. The candidates will work on projects involving development of novel signal processing and machine learning methods to gain insights into:
1. Decoding and encoding mechanisms of the brain and peripheral nerves to and from stimuli, actions and other physiological functions
2. Reinforcement learning approaches used to select neural stimulation parameters and optimize outcomes
3. Beam-forming, blind source separation, and other techniques to directionally transmit or receive neural signals in peripheral nerves
4. Neural circuits through numerical modeling and biomarker profile analysis
* PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics or a related field required; experience in one or more of the following areas required:
- Analysis of Neural Signals
- Computational Neuroscience
- Machine Learning (Systems Identification & Reinforcement Learning)
* Strong Matlab programming skills required, Python and C++ programming experience preferred.
* For the Staff Scientist position, applicants must have a minimum of three (3) years of relevant postdoctoral experience.
Please forward CV, cover letter and 2 references to CBEM at northwell.edu, with the subject line "Post-Doc / Research Scientist in the Neural Decoding and Data Analytics Lab".
Theodoros Zanos, PhD
Neural Decoding and Data Analytics Lab
Center for Bioelectronic Medicine
The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research
350 Community Drive
Manhasset, NY 11030
Tel: (516) 562-1204
Cell: (646) 943-3440
Email: tzanos at northwell.edu<mailto:tzanos at northwell.edu>
Visit us at Northwell.edu<http://northwell.edu/>
[cid:image001.png at 01D203AA.333A0610]
The information contained in this electronic e-mail transmission and any attachments are intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom or to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this communication is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this communication to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or disclosure of this communication and any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone and electronic mail, and delete the original communication and any attachment from any computer, server or other electronic recording or storage device or medium. Receipt by anyone other than the intended recipient is not a waiver of any attorney-client, physician-patient or other privilege.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 13981 bytes
More information about the Comp-neuro