[Comp-neuro] Research Fellow Position in Neuroinformatics

Leon French leonfrench at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 22:40:18 CEST 2016

The Computational Neurobiology Laboratory at CAMH seeks a postdoctoral
fellow to join our efforts to understand brain disease. We focus on
mining datasets of connectivity, gene expression and epigenetics
across the genome and the brain. We employ multifaceted approaches
that gain information by using data that crosses scales, modalities,
and species.

We seek one postdoctoral fellow interested in bioinformatics and
neuroscience. The primary project will be to create, explore, and test
methods for mapping many genes across neuroanatomy and brain
development. Given the polygenic complexity of mental illness, there
are many exciting applications for these methods. Our current
applications use genes associated with Parkinson’s disease, aging
(collaboration with Dr. Etienne Sibille) and intellectual disability
(with Dr. John B. Vincent). In addition to this project, there would
be opportunities to pursue other research interests.

Some of our frequently used keywords give a good description of our
work: neuroinformatics, molecular neuroanatomy, genetics, epigenomics,
population neuroscience, transcriptomics, machine learning, text
mining, neuroimaging, software development, and connectomics.

The ideal candidate should have a PhD in computational biology,
bioinformatics, computer science or related field with extensive
knowledge in genome-wide data integration. Significant interest in
neuroscience and experience working with large datasets are requested.

Writing manuscripts and applying for independent grants and
fellowships will be strongly encouraged. Highly motivated individuals
(Ph.D. and/or M.D.) should submit a curriculum vitae, names of 3
references and a cover letter explaining their interest, and a brief
description of research experience. Send information to
leonfrench+recruit at gmail.com

You will support a healthy workplace that embraces diversity,
encourages teamwork and complies with all applicable and regulatory
requirements. This position will be located at 250 College Street,
Toronto.