[Comp-neuro] Call for applications: travel grants for advanced PhD students, the 2016 ELSC Annual Retreat

Yoram Burak yoram.burak at elsc.huji.ac.il
Thu Sep 24 10:09:25 CEST 2015

Dear Colleagues,
Please distribute this to graduate students who might be interested.
Sincerely,
Yoram Burak

---

The 2016 ELSC Annual Retreat
January 24-26, Kibbutz Ein Gedi, Israel

The Edmond and Lily Safra Center for Brain Sciences at the Hebrew
University offers competitive scholarships to support the travel and
accommodation of 20 outstanding advanced international Ph.D. students to
present their work in our annual retreat. These scholarship are offered for
the first time this year.

ELSC is a multidisciplinary neuroscience center. Our retreat thus covers
the whole spectrum of brain research, including computational, molecular,
cognitive, and systems neuroscience.

The ELSC retreat is an optimal venue for advanced Ph.D. students to present
their work and receive expert feedback. The program includes talks by our
advanced graduate students, and plenary speakers: Fred Wolf (MPI for
Dynamics and Self Organization, Göttingen), Ilana Witten (Princeton
University), and Serge Domoulin (Utrecht University).

Candidates are requested to send their CV, a letter of intent, and a
recommendation letter to BRAIN at ELSC.huji.ac.il by November 1st, 2015.

Awardees will be announced no later than November 15th.

See also: http://elsc.huji.ac.il/content/travel-grants-elsc-retreat

---