[Comp-neuro] Academic faculty positions at Imperial College London.

Simon Schultz s.schultz at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Sep 18 11:20:49 CEST 2015

Dear all,

There is an open hiring round in the Department of Bioengineering at
Imperial College London. I would particularly like to encourage strong
applications in translational neurotechnology. New hires would be
invited to join the Centre for Neurotechnology
(http://www.imperial.ac.uk/neurotechnology). The Centre for
Neurotechnology hosts the EPSRC CDT in Neurotechnology for Life and
Health (offering at least 12 fully funded 4-year PhD studentships per
annum), as well as providing access to state of the art equipment and
infrastructure for research at the interface between neuroscience and
engineering.

Best wishes,

Simon Schultz

--
Simon R Schultz BSc BE ME(Res) DPhil FIET FRMS
Reader in Neurotechnology & Royal Society Industry Fellow

Director, Imperial College London Centre for Neurotechnology
http://www.imperial.ac.uk/neurotechnology
Administrator: Dr Kate Hobson, Phone: +44 207 594 5101

**

*Imperial College London*- Department of Bioengineering

*Location:*

City Of London

*Salary:*

£46,410 to £57,020 Per annum

*Hours:*

Full Time

*Contract Type:*

Permanent

*Placed on:*

17th September 2015

*Closes:*

4th December 2015

*Job Ref:*

EN20150321FH

**

*Lecturer salary range £46,410 to £51,720 per annum*

*Senior Lecturer minimum salary £57,020 per annum*

Due to rapid growth and the strategic importance of the discipline of
bioengineering at Imperial College London, the Department of
Bioengineering wishes to appoint up to three new members of academic
staff at Lecturer or Senior Lecturer grade. As part of the development
of the Michael Uren Biomedical Engineering Research Hub
<http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/newsandeventspggrp/imperialcollege/newssummary/news_26-5-2014-23-8-58>within
one of the areas identified for growth.

We are looking for candidates in the following fields of translational
Bioengineering;

.Neural Engineering;

.Regenerative Medicine;

.Synthetic Biology;

.Musculoskeletal Bioengineering;

.Cardiovascular Engineering;

.Cancer Technology; and

.Magnetic Resonance Imaging as applied to any of the areas above.

Candidates should have an advanced degree (PhD or equivalent) in an
appropriate science or engineering discipline and will have demonstrated
an ability to generate and execute research at an
internationally-leading level. Experience of teaching at all levels is
also required.

For an informal discussion please contact the Head of Department,
Professor Anthony Bull: email a.bull at imperial.ac.uk or telephone 020
7594 5186.

Our preferred method of application is online via our website at the
following link: http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/employment(select "Job
Search" and enter the job reference no.*EN20150321FH*).  Please complete
and upload the application form as directed.

*As a requirement please submit up to 2 page documentation specifying
your Research Vision Statement. Please identify on application which
research area your application applies to.*

/Imperial Managers lead by example./
<http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/hr/procedures/support/opportunities/expectations>

*Interviews will take place during January 2016*

/Committed to equality and valuing diversity. We are also an Athena SWAN
Silver Award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Two Ticks
Employer, and are working in partnership with GIRES to promote respect
for trans people/