[Comp-neuro] Post-doctoral position in Computational Neuroscience, Moreno-Bote, Barcelona

Ruben Moreno Bote ruben.moreno at upf.edu
Wed Oct 28 16:46:28 CET 2015

*Post-doctoral position*

*Computational Neuroscience, Moreno-Bote Lab *

*University Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain*

We are looking for strong post-doctoral candidates interested in joining
the group of Theoretical Neuroscience of Rubén Moreno-Bote lab.

We are looking for excellent post-doctoral candidates with Physics,
Mathematics or Machine Learning background, ideally with knowledge of
Neuroscience or Computational Neuroscience, and interested in theory and
applications. The publication record of the candidate should be very strong
in his/her respective discipline.

The candidate will develop state of the art mathematical techniques to
understand neuronal dynamics and will have access to multielectrode
recording neural data. He/she could also be involved in the design of
electrophysiology experiments through our collaborators.  The candidate
will benefit from the stimulating environment of Barcelona area in
Theoretical and Systems Neuroscience and will have the opportunity of
enjoying a lively city. Our lab (http://www.upf.edu/pdi/ruben-moreno-bote)
forms part of a larger network of neuroscience labs in Barcelona (
http://www.barcelonaneuroscience.com).

Financial support is provided up to 3 years by a FLAG ERA grant.

Our lab has recently moved to a new location, the University Pompeu Fabra,
where a large community of researchers works on cognitive and computational
neuroscience (http://cbc.upf.edu/?language=en).

APPLICATION : A full CV in pdf format, a 1 page project in pdf format, and
names and email addresses of 2 referees should be sent to the following
address:

ruben.moreno at upf.edu

Informal inquiries are welcome.

DEADLINE: up to the position is filled