[Comp-neuro] 2x Post-Doctoral Positions (Faisal Lab @ Imperial College London)

Faisal, Aldo A a.faisal at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Oct 23 14:44:09 CEST 2015

Dear Colleagues

We are looking to hire two 3-year PostDoctoral Research Fellows in the areas of
computational neuroscience, eye movements & motor control with the opportunity
of translating their basic research into immediately useful clinical applications for
movement impaired citizens.

The projects focus on two core areas of our lab:
1. action intention decoding from natural eye movements (and translation into control
of robotic manipulators with spinal cord injury patients).
2. quantifying natural sensory and movement statistics of humans in daily life
using our wearable technology to capture 70% of sensory input and 90% of movement output in people's life.
and characterise these in terms of hierarchical structure of behaviour and sparse coding of movement.

The ideal backgrounds for these Research Fellowships
are computational neuroscience or computational motor control.
The hardware and translation aspects for these projects are being
custom-developed  for the Research Fellows by our industry partners. Similarly, work with
patients is supported by our clinical partners.

Our Brain & Behaviour Laboratory is truly multi-disciplinary, dynamic and
co-located between the Department of Bioengineering and the Department
of Computing at Imperial College in the centre of London.  Out of 5 post-docs
and research fellows we sponsored in the past, 3 are now in faculty (UCL, Imperial)
or research group leader positions in industry (Toshiba Research Labs).

http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/AME198/research-associate/
The positions will be advertised till filled.

regards
Aldo

---

Aldo Faisal