[Comp-neuro] University of Sussex 4-year PhD Programme in Neuroscience

Miguel Maravall Rodriguez M.Maravall at sussex.ac.uk
Thu Nov 12 16:15:52 CET 2015

Dear all,

Please find below this year's announcement for our PhD Programme in Neuroscience at the University of Sussex. Please distribute to interested students - we are very interested in applications from students with quantitative (physical sciences/computing/math) backgrounds.

Thank you

Regards,
Miguel Maravall

University of Sussex
4-year PhD Programme in Neuroscience

Sussex Neuroscience is now inviting applications for September 2016 entry to our funded PhD Programme, which includes a first year of laboratory rotations and taught modules. These support a transition into neuroscience from other science disciplines such as physics and computing, and provide students with the opportunity to both broaden and deepen their experience of different neuroscience fields and techniques. More than 30 supervisors are offering research projects across the following thematic areas:

Circuits, Systems and Computational Neuroscience
Cognitive and Behavioural Neuroscience
Cellular and Molecular Neuroscience
Translational and Clinical Neuroscience
Consciousness Science

Application Deadline: January 11th 2016

The Sussex campus is home to one of the largest neuroscience research communities in the UK, with strong interdisciplinary interactions between the biological and computational sciences.
Our PhD Programme attracts some of the brightest students internationally. Home/EU fees are waived for all students, and a stipend is provided. We also offer financial support for students to attend conferences and additional training opportunities in the UK and overseas throughout their PhD.

For further information about the 4-year PhD Programme and all of our postgraduate opportunities, please visit:
www.sussex.ac.uk/sussexneuroscience/study<http://www.sussex.ac.uk/sussexneuroscience/study>